From: morserino@groups.io <morserino@groups.io> On Behalf Of Willi, OE1WKL via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 03:27
To: morserino@groups.io
Subject: Re: [morserino] Rotary Encoder

Craig,

you can get the encoder from Mouser (Mouser 652-PEC11R-4215F-S24), but I doubt that you could destroy the encoder so easily.
As I said, all encoder problems I have seen so far (maybe 10 out of > 900 kits) were bad solder joints at the encoder.

Am 14.07.2019 um 21:32 schrieb Craig T. Bailey <@ctbailey>:

I think I wrecked my rotary encoder.

Today I built the device, and the rotary encoder wasn't making any selections. So I check the solder joints on the encoder, and the joints on the header pins. Re-soldered a handful of them.

Still no rotary action. The push-button function of the encoder works.

I may have over heated it.

I'll buy a new encoder, probably from mouser or some other parts-house, but how best to specify the encoder so a new one fits?

Thanks

Craig
N1SFT