Re: Displaying characters over the serial port

Tommy Clemmensen

How to join that groupe?

Tommy

Den 13-02-2020 kl. 18:06 skrev Willi, OE1WKL:

I created a subgroup for all add-on software (usually running on a PC)  for the Morserino-32. Please join that group if you are interested, and post there anything that relates to theses add-ons.

OE1WKL

Am 13.02.2020 um 15:41 schrieb Doug KD9PK <kd9pk@...>:

Would it be possible for someone to set up a subgroup on groups.io for the phrases trainer?
There could be the MAIN group for the morserino and a EXTRAS subgroup for all other things.
Although the phrases trainer is great I have no interest in it and it is cluttering up the message stream such that I might miss important things on the M32. Since users can select how they want to receive the messages this would allow people like me to get immediate mail on the M32 and a daily/weekly digest on the Extras.

Thanks

73
Doug

On Feb 13, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Chuck Broadwell, W5UXH <Chuck.Broadwell@...> wrote:

I agree it does not seem reasonable because of the other tools (that I have only been aware of in the background from posts).  I have only used VT200 emulators, PuTTY on Windows and Linux, and ZOC on MacOS).  The escape sequences do not send color values, only a sequence of commands that are interpreted by PuTTY that specify RED, GREEN, etc, and some variations in shades, but only by name, not by the byte values for colors.  I only use a few basic colors, usually green, blue, and black, all on white background, but I configure PuTTY for the background and only send commands for the foreground changes.

I only mentioned this because I have done this for some years and find it nice to scan back through a QSO to check on things, the colors let me know who was saying what.

73,

Chuck