From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> on behalf of Kenwooduser via groups.io <comptonog@...>
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2020 3:47 PM
To: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [morserino] Using a USB powerbank with the Morserino

anyone know of a USB keep alive's that ship from the USA? Thanks

Kenwooduser

anyone know of a USB keep alive's that ship from the USA? Thanks

Richard - N1RBD

I found this one a while back.  I like it in that it doesn't stick out where a slight flex could cause it to snap in two.  It puts a load on one of the USB ports, which causes them both to be active.

https://hackaday.com/2013/11/08/tricking-a-usb-power-supply/

Willi, OE1WKL

Am 18.07.2020 um 16:48 schrieb Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM) <on4kjm@...>:

(Might be useful to others.)

I did not want the path of the onboard LiPo battery (difficulties to source a good one). I planned to use one of my USB powerbanks instead.

And then I realized that the Morserino doesn't draw enough current. After a while the powerbank goes to sleep (assuming no load).

But I solved this by using this little device from Sotabeams: "USB battery pack keep-alive load" (https://www.sotabeams.co.uk/dc-power-radio-shack-or-portable/). I mounted it, and now have the perfect combination.

<20200718_164023.jpg>

<20200718_163805.jpg>

73

/- Jmm