Topics

Intermittent straight key failure

Courtney KD2SPJ

Yes. See page 15 of manual.

SelectModus: CW Keyer
Double click black knob to go into settings
Turn black knob until you find 'Keyer Mode'
Click black knob once.  Turn knob to set to 'Straight Key'

--
Court - KD2SPJ
LICW  #519

Brian KM6IGY

I have not tried connecting my straight key yet.

Do you have to change any of the settings?

Courtney KD2SPJ

Ok, maybe it's a software bug.  This is my most complex kit build to date.  I assumed my beginner skills were at fault.

--
Court - KD2SPJ
LICW  #519

Casper Fagerberg

I have noticed the same thing, but usually if I just go out of the Kock mode and back in it solves itself.

Casper Fagerberg,  KO4DQI

Member Long Island CW Club

SKCC# 23088

Hello.  I could not find any previous posts similar to a problem I occassionally have.  I'm using a CW morse straight key with my Morseino.  It works great most of the time.  But occassionally while using the koch trainer, the Morseino doesnt respond to my key after the first dit or dah.  A reboot or two fixes.  I have looked at my solder connections but dont see anything obvious.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?  I assume it's a physical thing and not software.

Courtney KD2SPJ