Volume not remembered in v. 4.0 #issues

Kenneth Bandy

Hello.  I installed the v. 4.0 update yesterday.  The process was flawless.  However, now I notice that with v. 4.0 the audio output level of the speaker is not "remembered".  It always comes on a full level.  In the previous version, the volume level would be retained.

Thanks for a great product, Willi!

73,
Ken, KJ9B

Willi, OE1WKL

A first look at the issues shows, that volume IS remembered, unless you shut down while the M32 is in volume setting mode - i.e. it will only be permanent as soon as you press the RED button and BLACK goes to speed setting mode again…
All parameters are set at certain checkpoints, as otherwise each click of the encoder would lead to a write to NVIS, which is not desirable, as this kind of memory shows signs of wear and tear after many writes cycles. Therefor some optimization is necessary. (This also explains, why speed changes are only reflected in NVIS after a certain  number of characters have been sent using the new speed.)

The behavior probably has not changed over the last versions.

I will have a closer look at that and see if I can do something here, without adding to the write cycles unnecessarily.

Willi

Am 05.01.2021 um 14:51 schrieb Kenneth Bandy <ken.kj9b@...>:

Hello.  I installed the v. 4.0 update yesterday.  The process was flawless.  However, now I notice that with v. 4.0 the audio output level of the speaker is not "remembered".  It always comes on a full level.  In the previous version, the volume level would be retained.

Thanks for a great product, Willi!

73,
Ken, KJ9B

Kenneth Bandy

Thanks for the reply, Willi.  When making sure that I had the unit in speed setting mode after resetting the volume level, the volume level is now remembered.  I didn’t remember having to do that earlier, but that was a long time ago.

Thanks again.

73,

Ken, KJ9B