On initial start the system seems stuck #issues

Dinoburb

Doc,

Just finished your excellent kit.  I switched on the Morserino and was greeted with initial splash screen then ‘Select Modus’ (top line) and CW Keyer (second line).  Turning the Black knob does nothing.  Pressing it results in ‘Start CW Keyer’, next screen reports ‘B    15 WpM. And a dark bar’. Turning the knob does nothing.  Short press nothing.  Longer press back to ‘Select Modus’ and ‘Start CW Keyer’.  At this point pressing the red button, I get ‘Audio Adjust’ ‘End with Red’ with 4 horizontal bars underneath.  Black button has no effect, spinning or pressing, long or short press.  A second red press takes me back to ‘Select ......’
What am I doing wrong or what is not constructed properly?

Sean

Willi, OE1WKL

The following is true for > 90% of all cases:
- If turning the encoder does not do anything, the encoder is not soldered in correctly on the side with the three pins.
- If pushing the black knob does not do anything, the encoder is not soldered in correctly on the side with the two pins.

So there is a cold solder joint somewhere, and you have to re-solder these pads.

For the majority of the remaining percentage: cold solder joint on the headers of the Heltec module.

Willi

Dinoburb

Doc,

Well ... it seems 70 year old eyes are not quite as sharp as they once were.  Touched up all of the rotary solder joints and now everything seems to work as designed.  You have done some great work.  Thank you!

V/R

Sean