Capacitive paddle not very responsive. #issues

Sherwin, VE7HQT

Hello,

I confirmed I removed the yellow film covering the slots for the capacitive paddles.

I find the paddle sometimes become not very responsive. In the beginning, I will be able to send regular dits and dahs. As tise goes on, there will be missing dits and dahs.

I have attached a video.

Also, using my single lever Kent paddle, I sometimes need to tap the dit harder than when the paddle is connected to my FT-450D rig.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Sherwin

Wolfgang DJ4QV <dj4qv@...>

Same thing here. I find that behaviour especially in Echo-Mode after giving several error "hh". After letting this attempt un-echoed by me everything is working again in the next round. Had some problems today with qsobot as well due to this missing dits and dahs. It's showing this behaviour with the touch paddles and the external Kent paddle. Is it because of wrong timing while pressing the paddles?

Sherwin, VE7HQT

I noticed that if I have a plug in the Input / Output jack, the internal keys do not work properly.

Sending continuous dahs is erratic; sending continuous dits is also erratic, as shown in the video.

When the plug is removed from the Input / Output jack, the continuous dits and dahs works as expected.

Anyone else experienced this issue? Or is this not a use case and I should remove the jack when using certain functions on the Morserino-32?

73 de Sherwin

Willi, OE1WKL

Which mode are you using? CW Keyer or Transceiver?
Are there any audio signals or noise coming in through the I/O jack?

Wolfgang DJ4QV <dj4qv@...>

cw keyer bzw Echo Trainer

73

Wolfgang

Am 27.05.2021 um 15:18 schrieb Willi, OE1WKL:

Which mode are you using? CW Keyer or Transceiver?
Are there any audio signals or noise coming in through the I/O jack?

Sherwin,

I cannot replicate this behaviour. I just plugged a cable in while in CW Keyer mode, and everything behaves as it should. What is on the other end of your I/O cable? Could it be that a lot of noise comes through it, or that it somehow introduces a voltage to the Morserino ground?#

Willi

Juergen Wagner

Hello Sherwin and all reading friends,
just as i read willi's explanations i remembered it: in the past i buyed many different cables with 3,5mm plugs. Some of them only for using the plug at one end bcse it meets my needs. And then i was amazed that many of the cables had no shield !!!!
So maybe Willi's hint is vy current !
73
Juergen
DL4KE

Am 27.05.2021 um 17:55 schrieb Willi, OE1WKL:

Sherwin,

I cannot replicate this behaviour. I just plugged a cable in while in CW Keyer mode, and everything behaves as it should. What is on the other end of your I/O cable? Could it be that a lot of noise comes through it, or that it somehow introduces a voltage to the Morserino ground?#

Willi

Sherwin, VE7HQT

I tested using the CW Keyer mode.

I plugged a 4 pole splitter (mic / headphone) into the I/O jack.

The headphone (Input) section is connected to the rig's headphone output. There are audio signals coming from the rig if the rig is powered on.

The mic (Output) is connected to the computer which is being used for Zoom.

Stacey (W1LLO)

Might not be it, but I’ve noticed if your hands are really dry or callused it has trouble picking up. Not enough capacitance I guess. A good skin care regimen is very important.  Moisturize moisturize moisturize. Haha.