Sound Problems

Willi, OE1WKL

Ron,

The lack of responses seems to indicate that this is not a common problem. But this also means we need more information about your problem to be able to come up with some advice.

. My device has become unusable, which is a shame because I used it often.

So it has been working OK? Is it a 1st or 2nd edition M32?

Its audio is too low through the speaker and too high through headphones, but the knobs work just not effectively,

Which knobs are you referring to? Please be specific - red button, black knob, or the (big) blue trimmer (in case of 2nd edition)? Do all other functions work OK regarding the black encoder knob and the red push button? Can you use the red button to bring the black knob into audio volume mode? When you set the volume with the black knob, is the indication bar on the display changing? When you adjust the big blue trimmer, you should be able to bring the headphone volume down to zero… this trimmer only adjusts headphone volume, it has no influence on the speaker volume.

It might also help to provide a short video that illustrates the problem…

Ron <ronpublic@...>

I didn't receive any responses to my post regarding the audio problems with my Morserino so I thought I'd try again just in case it was overlooked. My device has become unusable, which is a shame because I used it often. Its audio is too low through the speaker and too high through headphones, but the knobs work just not effectively, I don't know what to replace/resolder or test. Thanks for any ideas.

Ron <ronpublic@...>

Just checking to see if anyone has any trouble-shooting suggestions for my Morserino's sound that has stopped working? On a volume scale of 1-10, I'm only able to get a 1 or a zero (i.e., low or off) using the built-in speaker. Using headphones, I can get either a zero or a 10, but no incremental volume changes. I listen to the file player a lot, but now the volume is too low with the speaker and too high with the earphones. I'll keep searching the net for solutions but thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced this problem and found a solution. Thanks!