Mumble

Bil K8MPW

Hello All;

I am trying to connect the Morserino to Mumble. I have set the IP address in Mumble of my Morserino. I used port 7373, the same as used by UDP with no success.
Is there a default port for the Morserino to use with Mumble?

Bil
K8MPW

Gwen Patton

The VOIP service Mumble? Is there something set up on Mumble that knows how to talk to a Morserino? *scratching head, confused*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 2:04 PM Bil Johnson via groups.io <plcinstructor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello All;

I am trying to connect the Morserino to Mumble. I have set the IP address in Mumble of my Morserino. I used port 7373, the same as used by UDP with no success.
Is there a default port for the Morserino to use with Mumble?

Bil
K8MPW

Bil K8MPW

Gwen here is the passage from the manual I am referring to:

iCW/Ext Trx
In this modus a transceiver connected to the Morserino-32 is being keyed, or you can
use the line-out audio to either key for example an FM transceiver, or use CW over the
Internet (iCW - this uses Mumble as an audio exchange protocol). Any CW signals
Morserino-32 User Manual
28 | The Top Menu and the Morserino Modi

As you can see it says audio exchange can be accomplished with Mumble. I have used Mumble with RigPi quite successfully.

Claude W. "Bil" Johnson
K8MPW
OMISS 17m Band Coordinator #9757
SKCC #15372, NAQCC #8350, FISTS #17765
100W&AWire#4219 FT8DMC#12643 RRI

On Saturday, December 4, 2021, 04:25:38 PM MST, Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:

The VOIP service Mumble? Is there something set up on Mumble that knows how to talk to a Morserino? *scratching head, confused*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 2:04 PM Bil Johnson via groups.io <plcinstructor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello All;

I am trying to connect the Morserino to Mumble. I have set the IP address in Mumble of my Morserino. I used port 7373, the same as used by UDP with no success.
Is there a default port for the Morserino to use with Mumble?

Bil
K8MPW

Gwen Patton

Makes sense once the details are plain. Thanks for enlightening me on this, and I'm sorry I can't answer your initial question.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021, 6:43 PM Bil Johnson via groups.io <plcinstructor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Wirt

Very cool. I skipped right past that. This video gives a good overview. One more for the someday list.
Morserino32 iCW Setup

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi!

The Morserino cannot talk to Mumble directly, you need to use a computer in between. Mumble is a VOIP protocol with very low latency, which makes it suitable to use for CW. Morse code is transmitted as audio in this case. As the Morserino has a separate audio I/O jack, you can use that to feed the Morserinos audio into the computer, and also to get the computers audio into the Morserino, where it will be „re-shaped“ and both played on the loudspeaker, and also decoded and shown on the display.
The attached document describes how to build a cable to interface the 4 pole Morserino jack into two separate audio jacks for a PC or sound card with separate microphone-in and audio-out jacks.

Bil K8MPW

Willi;

Thanks I will try that and report back.

73