text upload #help

Matthias.eversberg@...

hello everyone, i have a problem after a file upload. once it worked. but now only another text is given. (the info about Gitihub)
a new upload brought no change. maybe you have a tip for me 73

Willi, OE1WKL

I think we need more information about this. Does it play a file you uploaded previously? What exactly does it play? What is the file you tried to upload?

Am 21.02.2022 um 16:55 schrieb Matthias.eversberg@...:

hello everyone, i have a problem after a file upload. once it worked. but now only another text is given. (the info about Gitihub)
a new upload brought no change. maybe you have a tip for me 73

Matthias.eversberg@...

Ok, I have uploaded a short text with a few letters and numbers. This worked perfectly, and the player gave it perfectly. After that i wanted to load the contest call sign list. but i loaded the complete html text. the morserino hung up and i had to perform a reset. now i am shown that my small file with the letters is uploaded. but the player always plays the html text. no other text is given in the file player.

thank you Willi for the morserino. it's a great way to pass the time. within 6 weeks i'm almost back up to speed 60.

73 DL3DZ (ex dl6dai)

RayGil

within 6 weeks i'm almost back up to speed 60.

73 DL3DZ (ex dl6dai)

Wow!
60wpm?
That is outstanding.
Ray G0TUE

Willi, OE1WKL

When you uploaded the full html file, apparently the internal file system became corrupted.
To repair this, you need to re-flash the firmware with USB, using the „erase“ option.

Willi

Matthias.eversberg@...

Hello Willi, thank you for the help. Is there an exact description of this process? I don't want to break anything else. Can you also attach a link to the firmware directory.

Many thanks in advance
73 Matthias

Matthias.eversberg@...

Hy Ray, indeed, that would be a fantastic result.
I really expressed myself wrong. I meant letters per minute, not words per minute.
I had to listen to and give a tempo of 60 letters for the exam 40 years ago. It took me much longer to get up to that speed.

73 DL3DZ (ex dl6dai)

Joe K9SZ

Hi Matthias,

The instructions for using the USB firmware update utility application are in the manual. The online version of this section is here:

https://github.com/oe1wkl/Morserino-32/blob/master/Documentation/User%20Manual/Version%204.x/m32_user-Manual_v4.adoc#appendix-4-updating-the-firmware-via-usb

For Windows, the latest version of the USB firmware update utility is here:

https://github.com/joewittmer/Morserino-32-Firmware-Updater/releases/download/v0.0.8/windows-cli-update_m32-v0.0.8.zip

The latest firmware file is located here:

https://github.com/oe1wkl/Morserino-32/releases/download/V4.2.1/m32_v4.2.1.ino.wifi_lora_32_V2.bin

You will want to extract (unzip) the USB firmware update utility and copy it and the firmware into the same directory.

When running the command line to update and erase the firmware, you will need to include the `-e` option.

For example:

update_m32.exe -p COM3 -f m32_v4.2.1.ino.wifi_lora_32_V2.bin -e

; where COM3 is replaced with the port added to the hardware device manager after installing the driver and connecting the M32 to a USB to serial data cable as described in the manual.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get along with it.

Joe K9SZ

On Feb 23, 2022, at 4:12 AM, Matthias.eversberg@... wrote:

Hello Willi, thank you for the help. Is there an exact description of this process? I don't want to break anything else. Can you also attach a link to the firmware directory.

Many thanks in advance
73 Matthias

Matthias.eversberg@...

Good evening everyone, sorry for my late reply. Of course everything worked and the file player is running again. Many thanks for the help
73 Matthias