Case for morserino 32

Brian McConnell

Ge all,

I am looking to purchase a case for my morserino so that I can use it on pota and Sota?
 Does anybody know if there is a source that I can purchase one from?

tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg 

vince kd7tww

If your in the usa and can buy from amazon get this, fits perfectly. I just gave the lights away to a few of my friends

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FJGLCLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 2/24/2022 1:48 PM, Brian McConnell via groups.io wrote:
Ge all,

I am looking to purchase a case for my morserino so that I can use it on pota and Sota?

tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg 
-- 
73, de Vince KD7TWW
In what year did the FCC mandate the 1500 Watt PEP limit for amateur radio station
power output? - Motorola Corp was formally named
"Galvin Manufacturing Corporation" (1928–1947)
Electronic circuits are like girls. Much easier to work on if you remove their shorts first

Chris Zukowski

I bought the Pelican 1060. It fits my Morseino, key cable and my cwmorse.us key quite well.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 1:21 PM vince kd7tww <vince@...> wrote:

If your in the usa and can buy from amazon get this, fits perfectly. I just gave the lights away to a few of my friends

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FJGLCLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ge all,

tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg 
-- 
73, de Vince KD7TWW
In what year did the FCC mandate the 1500 Watt PEP limit for amateur radio station
Electronic circuits are like girls. Much easier to work on if you remove their shorts first

Chris Zukowski

I bought the Pelican 1060. It fits my Morseino, key cable and my cwmorse.us key quite well.

How perfect does it fit?  Mine has a 3D printed Morserino case with 18650 battery holder  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5160162
Will the battery add-on make it too wide for this Amazon case ?

73 ~ Dan

Dan Marler, K7REX

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/24/2022 2:20:56 PM
Subject: Re: [morserino] Case for morserino 32

Ge all,

tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg 
-- 
73, de Vince KD7TWW

Chris Zukowski

Here is a picture of mine in the Pelican.

I imported that case model into my slicer and the dimensions appear to fit. Not sure how many MM the paddles add to the morseino but might work. The Z axis or depth of the pelican is about 53 mm give or take. Had to accurately measure with calipers with the padding.

Joy Rabins

I went to Harbor Freight and purchased an "outdoor.case type 1000" for less than $9. You pull out the foam square pieces so you can make it any shape you want. Plenty of room for a key or whatever. Works for me

--
Joy
N6GO

vince kd7tww

Joy
 The guy lives in Ireland. I don't think he could go to Harbor Freight?

-
73 de Vince KD7TWW
PETA Calls On MLB To Rename 'Bats' As Name Is Offensive

On 2/26/2022 2:25:29 PM, Joy Rabins via groups.io <doghouse3@...> wrote:

I went to Harbor Freight and purchased an "outdoor.case type 1000" for less than $9. You pull out the foam square pieces so you can make it any shape you want. Plenty of room for a key or whatever. Works for me

--
Joy
N6GO

The case used for these $16 flashlights sold on Amazon, fits the Monseino perfectly.  Even if you have your Monseino installed in a 3D printed case.

Dan / K7REX

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/27/2022 3:11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [morserino] Case for morserino 32

Joy
 The guy lives in Ireland. I don't think he could go to Harbor Freight?

-
73 de Vince KD7TWW
PETA Calls On MLB To Rename 'Bats' As Name Is Offensive

On 2/26/2022 2:25:29 PM, Joy Rabins via groups.io <doghouse3@...> wrote:

--
Joy
N6GO

Brian McConnell

Thanks Dan et all for the info. Indeed I ordered that case from Amazon and will look for a business that does the 3D printing and use the files to get one made.

tnx again and best 73 

Brian ei6jg 

Alan Sorum WL7CG

Edited

I printed this out yesterday, looks like a great solution. My biggest problem now is getting the battery, shipping lithium batteries to Alaska is a pain.

I sliced it in PrusaSlicer if anyone wants the G code file. It's about 10 Mb. I'm going post it in the files section.

Howard AC1MN

Check out vape shops as many of them stock 18650 batteries.

On Feb 28, 2022 3:02 PM, Alan Sorum WL7CG <asorum@...> wrote:
I printed this out yesterday, looks like a great solution. My biggest problem now is getting the battery, shipping lithium batteries to Alaska is a pain.

I sliced it in PrusaSlicer if anyone wants the G code file. It's about 10 Mb.