Case for morserino 32

Brian McConnell

Ge all,

I am looking to purchase a case for my morserino so that I can use it on pota and Sota?
 Does anybody know if there is a source that I can purchase one from?

tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg

vince kd7tww

If your in the usa and can buy from amazon get this, fits perfectly. I just gave the lights away to a few of my friends

73

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FJGLCLL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--
73, de Vince KD7TWW
In what year did the FCC mandate the 1500 Watt PEP limit for amateur radio station

Chris Zukowski

I bought the Pelican 1060. It fits my Morseino, key cable and my cwmorse.us key quite well.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 1:21 PM vince kd7tww <vince@...> wrote:

[...]

How perfect does it fit?  Mine has a 3D printed Morserino case with 18650 battery holder  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5160162
Will the battery add-on make it too wide for this Amazon case ?

73 ~ Dan

Dan Marler, K7REX

[...]

Here is a picture of mine in the Pelican.

I imported that case model into my slicer and the dimensions appear to fit. Not sure how many MM the paddles add to the morseino but might work. The Z axis or depth of the pelican is about 53 mm give or take. Had to accurately measure with calipers with the padding.

Joy Rabins

I went to Harbor Freight and purchased an "outdoor.case type 1000" for less than $9. You pull out the foam square pieces so you can make it any shape you want. Plenty of room for a key or whatever. Works for me

--
Joy
N6GO

vince kd7tww

Joy
 The guy lives in Ireland. I don't think he could go to Harbor Freight?

-
73 de Vince KD7TWW
PETA Calls On MLB To Rename 'Bats' As Name Is Offensive

On 2/26/2022 2:25:29 PM, Joy Rabins via groups.io <doghouse3@...> wrote:

I went to Harbor Freight and purchased an "outdoor.case type 1000" for less than $9. You pull out the foam square pieces so you can make it any shape you want. Plenty of room for a key or whatever. Works for me

--
Joy
N6GO

The case used for these $16 flashlights sold on Amazon, fits the Monseino perfectly.  Even if you have your Monseino installed in a 3D printed case.

Dan / K7REX

 The guy lives in Ireland. I don't think he could go to Harbor Freight?

-
73 de Vince KD7TWW
PETA Calls On MLB To Rename 'Bats' As Name Is Offensive

On 2/26/2022 2:25:29 PM, Joy Rabins via groups.io <doghouse3@...> wrote:

I went to Harbor Freight and purchased an "outdoor.case type 1000" for less than $9. You pull out the foam square pieces so you can make it any shape you want. Plenty of room for a key or whatever. Works for me

--
Joy
N6GO

Brian McConnell

Thanks Dan et all for the info. Indeed I ordered that case from Amazon and will look for a business that does the 3D printing and use the files to get one made.

tnx again and best 73

Brian ei6jg

Alan Sorum WL7CG

Edited

I printed this out yesterday, looks like a great solution. My biggest problem now is getting the battery, shipping lithium batteries to Alaska is a pain.

I sliced it in PrusaSlicer if anyone wants the G code file. It's about 10 Mb. I'm going post it in the files section.

Howard AC1MN

Check out vape shops as many of them stock 18650 batteries.