Case

Brian McConnell

Tnx fer all the suggestions. I wonder is there somebody who makes cases with a 3D printer and sells them? The examples I saw on the internet seem to fit so well and make the M32 very portable.

Agn tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg

Jim Stith

Hey Brian,

I have access to a printer, but I don't think it would be economical to have me make it and send it to Ireland. But, if you can find a local makerspace, you can download the case file from online (like thingiverse.com) and then the people at the makerspace could help you print it for a reasonable price.

Best of luck!
Jim
KI7URL

On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 9:03 AM Brian McConnell via groups.io <ei6jg=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Tnx fer all the suggestions. I wonder is there somebody who makes cases with a 3D printer and sells them? The examples I saw on the internet seem to fit so well and make the M32 very portable.

Agn tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg

You can get Morserino 3D printer files, ready to go for free at MakerBot Thingiverse --- (just one of several examples: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5160162)
Take those files on a thumb drive to your local library where they will 3D Print it off for you...  I paid the library less than $5 total for the case I had 3D printed...  

If you don't have a library that does 3D Printing (most cities do now), you can email the file(s) to one that does and they'll ship the results it to you.

The picture below is what is shown on the Internet, I had mine done in black - choose whatever color you want.

Dan Marler
dan.marler@...

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2/27/2022 9:03:17 AM
Subject: [morserino] Case

Agn tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg

Sebastian Mangelsen (SA6SKM)

Thanks for sharing this project. I've went out to my local 3D printing hero and got the parts the day after. Oh it is so nice to live in these modern times where we are able to create so many things by our self. I just love it.

Sebastian Mangelsen (SA6SKM)

------------------
Sebastian Mangelsen
+46 (0) 707  97 35 73
Re: 

You can get Morserino 3D printer files, ready to go for free at MakerBot Thingiverse --- (just one of several examples: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5160162)
Take those files on a thumb drive to your local library where they will 3D Print it off for you...  I paid the library less than $5 total for the case I had 3D printed...  

If you don't have a library that does 3D Printing (most cities do now), you can email the file(s) to one that does and they'll ship the results it to you.

The picture below is what is shown on the Internet, I had mine done in black - choose whatever color you want.

Dan Marler
dan.marler@...

Sent: 2/27/2022 9:03:17 AM
Subject: [morserino] Case

Agn tnx es 73

Brian ei6jg

Mike Cooper

Where did you get the parts to hook up the battery and what type battery is that?

Mike - W7OSG

All that information and much more is located at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5160162
Look on the Thing Details Summary, your fine that parts lists under "Parts to buy".

The battery part number provided is for a two (2) Pack 3.7V 3400mAh Flat Top rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery that includes a 2 Bay USB Battery Charger.  You only need one 3.7v Lithium Polymer Battery and you don't need the battery charger for this Moreserino case project.  The Moreserino has a built in battery charger with over-charge protection.   I installed a 3.7V 6000mAh Lithium Polymer battery in mine and it works just fine.  

I hope that helps..,

~73

Dan Marler, K7REX

Sent: 3/3/2022 7:16:48 AM
Subject: Re: [morserino] Case

Where did you get the parts to hook up the battery and what type battery is that?

Mike - W7OSG

Jason, N0BOY

This 18650 battery case was made as part of our club's morse code training project. 

We are so glad people like it. Let us know if you have any feedback on the design. 

The only feed back I have is that the battery didn't fit the battery holder (too short).
I ended up using the spring negative battery connector for both negative and positive and then it all worked good.
Great desig, well done --- Thanks..

Dan / K7REX

Sent: 3/3/2022 11:26:05 AM

This 18650 battery case was made as part of our club's morse code training project. 

We are so glad people like it. Let us know if you have any feedback on the design. 

Jason, N0BOY

Dan, we are aware of the gap on both sides of the battery. It was carried over from the previous reference design.

We found it actually a good thing that leaves enough margin for different sizes of battery and metal contacts. 

So we didn't change it. I have revised the Thingiverse page to remind people to check polarity when installing the battery.

-Jason

-Jason ---

That is great...  I now see the revisions you made on the Thingiverse page - that should help a lot. 

Having spring battery contacts for both ends of the battery can result in a battery polarity issue if not careful.
I made a label for inside the battery holder that marks the battery polarity for future reference.  

Again, great job and well done.  

Side note: The key paddle cover to hold the paddles in place adds additional stability and a firmness to the paddles that was missing before.
If nothing else, just putting that on was worth it...   I highly recommend everyone with a Morserino do that rather they use the case or not.

Again --- Thanks...

Dan / K7REX

Sent: 3/3/2022 12:26:01 PM

Dan, we are aware of the gap on both sides of the battery. It was carried over from the previous reference design.

We found it actually a good thing that leaves enough margin for different sizes of battery and metal contacts. 

So we didn't change it. I have revised the Thingiverse page to remind people to check polarity when installing the battery.

-Jason