Is this behavior normal when running the Echo Trainer? #help

My mistake --- <BK> in CW does mean "break", not "over" as I stated before.
It can have the same affect and/or result as "over", but as far as I know, that is not it's meaning.

Sorry ---

Dan / K7REX

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 3/3/2022 9:01:56 AM
Subject: Re: [morserino] Is this behavior normal when running the Echo Trainer? #help

That are all vy usual abbreviations. the <bk> in this days is often used like an (taking)"over".
myself, i learned break as "break in" when there was a need to stop the transmitting station. 

you'll see with the time that some round tables, clubs, contests, services  etc. using some signs in slightly different way...

Juergen
KW4KE

Am 03.03.2022 um 16:45 schrieb Dan Marler K7REX:
I have been at this for awhile too and have only heard <BK> for "over" and <AR> for "out" myself; <KA> is a new kid on the block.

Dan / K7REX

Sent: 3/3/2022 8:39:23 AM
Subject: Re: [morserino] Is this behavior normal when running the Echo Trainer? #help

Thanks very much Rich. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe SOTA is different but I think the only pro sign I normally hear there is <BK>.  I don't think I have ever heard KA or AR. It could be because they want to keep things short and sweet and onto the next operator. These comments are very helpful. 
--
Joy
N6GO

Juergen Wagner

That are all vy usual abbreviations. the <bk> in this days is often used like an (taking)"over".
myself, i learned break as "break in" when there was a need to stop the transmitting station. 

you'll see with the time that some round tables, clubs, contests, services  etc. using some signs in slightly different way...

Juergen
KW4KE

Am 03.03.2022 um 16:45 schrieb Dan Marler K7REX:

I have been at this for awhile too and have only heard <BK> for "over" and <AR> for "out" myself; <KA> is a new kid on the block.

Dan / K7REX

Thanks very much Rich. Thanks for the clarification. Maybe SOTA is different but I think the only pro sign I normally hear there is <BK>.  I don't think I have ever heard KA or AR. It could be because they want to keep things short and sweet and onto the next operator. These comments are very helpful. 
--
Joy
N6GO

Dan / K7REX

--
Joy
N6GO

Joy Rabins

--
Joy
N6GO

Rich

Just to clarify as Willie tried to do in his response:

It begins with VVV then prosign KA which is =•=•= and means "beginning of message"

It ends with •=•=• which is prosign AR which means "End of message"

A period is •=•=•=

A prosign is two letters sent together with no space between them.

Rich K2UPS

Joy Rabins

Wow, thank you so much. No Bob, I didn't know it was a "period". The only punctuation I know right now is "?". 

Willi, it makes since now that it's the beginning and end of a message. My plan was to go through new characters a few at a time and then use the echo trainer as a test to review all the characters I have learned so far.I'll do this until I learn them all.

I'm a little at a loss as to how to incorporate the CW generator in the process. Do you have any suggestions? 

Thank you so much. 

--
Joy
N6GO

Willi, OE1WKL

As has been good practice for many decades for morse code practice, every „transmission“ starts with „v v v <ka>“ (<ka> meaning „begin of transmission“, this just alerts you and primes your timing, so to say), and ends with <ar> (._._.), meaning „end of transmission“, to indicate, you can relax now and have a cup of coffee ;-)

Willi

ROBERT NORRIS AK5U

In case you had not found the meaning of the ._._.; That is a period.

Bob

AK5U

From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joy Rabins
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 8:24 PM
To: main@morserino.groups.io
Subject: [morserino] Is this behavior normal when running the Echo Trainer? #help

Just want to know if this is normal behavior. I learned some letters and then moved onto the Echo Trainer. 

I learned R, K, S, M

Set up the M32

Koch Trainer

Echo Trainer

Random

The following letters came out in this order. I did make a couple of mistakes while sending.

r

r

r

k

r

r

m

s

m

r

s

s

s

k

k

r

k

r

m

k       

m

k       

._._.   <- Not sure what this is

After it completed this list it played 

“vvv<ka>” 

and then it looked like it was starting over. Is this normal? I wasn’t really expecting that it would play “vvv<ka>” and then look like it was starting over. I do have a video if anyone would like to see. Thanks

--
Joy
N6GO

Joy Rabins

Just want to know if this is normal behavior. I learned some letters and then moved onto the Echo Trainer. 

I learned R, K, S, M

Set up the M32

Koch Trainer

Echo Trainer

Random

The following letters came out in this order. I did make a couple of mistakes while sending.

r

r

r

k

r

r

m

s

m

r

s

s

s

k

k

r

k

r

m

k       

m

k       

._._.   <- Not sure what this is

After it completed this list it played 

“vvv<ka>” 

and then it looked like it was starting over. Is this normal? I wasn’t really expecting that it would play “vvv<ka>” and then look like it was starting over. I do have a video if anyone would like to see. Thanks

--
Joy
N6GO