Phantom characters in echo training #issues #help

KO4DXF

So my Morserino came in and I had it up and running in an hour. Absolutely love this thing. My only issue is that when I upload a file to use in the echo trainer occasionally I'll get a srting of randon characters that play without me touching the paddles.  Suggestions?

KO4DXF

No one?

Willi, OE1WKL

Does this happen only in Echo Trainer mode, or e.g. also in CW Keyer mode?
Are you using USB or battery power?

KO4DXF

Hey Willi, thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, only in the echo trainer so far.

KO4DXF

Sorry, using usb. I haven't tried a battery yet.

Willi, OE1WKL

It could well be that spurious noise is coming through the USB connection. Can you try powering from a USB power bank, or some other USB power sources?

Am 11.05.2022 um 13:13 schrieb KO4DXF via groups.io <ko4dxf@...>:

Sorry, using usb. I haven't tried a battery yet.

KO4DXF

I'll give it a try. Thanks