Random characters even with no paddles #help

Stephen Peplow

I have been very happily using Morserino V3. Today in CW Keyer mode (the only one I use) it started keying up random letters, even when I removed the paddles. I am using USB power from my laptop. I think my soldering is OK because it worked fine up to now. Help very welcome@

Willi, OE1WKL

Can you try and use a different USB power source? Maybe some noise is getting in from the laptop?

Willi

Am 11.05.2022 um 03:20 schrieb Stephen Peplow <stephenpeplow34@...>:

I have been very happily using Morserino V3. Today in CW Keyer mode (the only one I use) it started keying up random letters, even when I removed the paddles. I am using USB power from my laptop. I think my soldering is OK because it worked fine up to now. Help very welcome@

Stephen Peplow

Thanks but didn't work. When I apply power and select CW Keyer the Morserino gives off a series of letters apparently with no input. I am going to resolder all the joints thinking there is a possibility one or more have worked loose. Has anyone else had this problem? Apart from this I am delighted with the machine!

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 4:20 AM Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:
Can you try and use a different USB power source? Maybe some noise is getting in from the laptop?

Willi

Am 11.05.2022 um 03:20 schrieb Stephen Peplow <stephenpeplow34@...>:

I have been very happily using Morserino V3. Today in CW Keyer mode (the only one I use) it started keying up random letters, even when I removed the paddles. I am using USB power from my laptop. I think my soldering is OK because it worked fine up to now. Help very welcome@

Willi, OE1WKL

If there is a constant activation, the problem is more likely a solder bridge somewhere…

Willi