Selecting which Wifi TRX to connect to #help

Alex - G7KSE

It is probably me but the WiFi Transceiver is pretty handy, especially for CW Academy practice. When setting the browser based settings I can add in more than 1 server. Currently it is set to http://morserino.ok5mv.cz (which is great btw). There are also servers that give a robot QSO, which are also great.

I'm struggling to work out how I select one or the other when in the WiFi transceiver. Asa a feature request it would be nice to give them names. Currently they give IP addresses so its not easy to work out if I've actually connected to where I think I have.

I might be looking for something that already exists, if so great. Let me know and it'll keep me quiet :-)

the final part is...Is there a way of the server giving me who is logged into the server. Perhaps with some kind of telegram bot or something like that. Would be nice to know when someone is on and we could have a qso rather than cq'ing into space. Not asking much...

Alex, g7kse

Hey Alex, this sounds like a great way to practice. Could you please provide some of the CW servers that do simulated QSOs, and where are the best instructions on how to configure the M32 for doing that via wifi? Thanks! de  Charley, K4NYN

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 2:10 PM Alex - G7KSE via groups.io <g7kse=pm.me@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Brian

Hi Alex, you change which wifi to use in the WiFi Functions -> WiFi Select menu item. Unfortunately, it only list the number and name of the wifi access point you're connecting to. This would be great if you're switching between different access points, but not so helpful if you're switching between servers and staying at the same access point. For now, you just need to remember which number slot is which, or figure it out based on the ip address like you say. Naming them whatever you like would be a great feature!

Charley, here's info on QSOBot: https://qsobot.online/howto/ . It's pretty handy!