Topics

Character speed setting from external key #issues

Mitch Eaton

I read the manual and did a search here. Can't seem to find an answer. How do I set the character speed. When I first was testing I had 15wpm which was pretty good. I would prefer a character speed of twenty to twenty-five but with an overall speed of maybe 10-15. The key I am using is coming in at a much faster rate than I can either key or copy. Same for the generator. They both are around 38-40. I can't seem to find a way to set character speed or keyed speed. How do I do that?

Willi, OE1WKL

Rotating the black knob changes speed. Unless you had hit the red knob, then it adjusts the speaker volume. Hit RED again and you are back to adjusting the speed.

Willi

Am 17.06.2020 um 15:33 schrieb Mitch Eaton via groups.io <mitcheaton@...>:

I read the manual and did a search here. Can't seem to find an answer. How do I set the character speed. When I first was testing I had 15wpm which was pretty good. I would prefer a character speed of twenty to twenty-five but with an overall speed of maybe 10-15. The key I am using is coming in at a much faster rate than I can either key or copy. Same for the generator. They both are around 38-40. I can't seem to find a way to set character speed or keyed speed. How do I do that?

Mitch Eaton

thanks that did the trick. Now I just feel dumb.