Topics

CW Decoder Mode not working as it should

JOHN MILLS, K1JSM

Paddle dits & dahs are the same, one long tone for as long as one keys. Keying also changes the keying speed. The red knob does not toggle between speed & volume, thus speed is not adjustable. Reset dis not cure the problem. Running v3.

RACHAEL SANDERS

If you really mean ‘CW Decoder’ mode on the black encoder that’s for decoding incoming signals from others on rear 4 pole jack connector. You do not send in that mode!

It displays the incoming CW signal wpm but you can adjust speaker volume on black knob

On 3 Aug 2020, at 22:46, JOHN MILLS, K1JSM via groups.io <jsmills63@...> wrote:

Paddle dits & dahs are the same, one long tone for as long as one keys. Keying also changes the keying speed. The red knob does not toggle between speed & volume, thus speed is not adjustable. Reset dis not cure the problem. Running v3.

Willi, OE1WKL

It also decodes input from a straight key; and paddles work like straight keys (or rather „cootie“ keys) in this mode. If you want to use your paddles as a iambic key, use CW Keyer!

Am 04.08.2020 um 00:10 schrieb RACHAEL SANDERS <m1ayg.rachael@...>:

If you really mean ‘CW Decoder’ mode on the black encoder that’s for decoding incoming signals from others on rear 4 pole jack connector. You do not send in that mode!

It displays the incoming CW signal wpm but you can adjust speaker volume on black knob

On 3 Aug 2020, at 22:46, JOHN MILLS, K1JSM via groups.io <jsmills63@...> wrote:

Paddle dits & dahs are the same, one long tone for as long as one keys. Keying also changes the keying speed. The red knob does not toggle between speed & volume, thus speed is not adjustable. Reset dis not cure the problem. Running v3.

Laura Robertson

Willi,

It doesn’t recognize my CW Morse SK. 😩

On Aug 4, 2020, at 3:05 AM, Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:

It also decodes input from a straight key; and paddles work like straight keys (or rather „cootie“ keys) in this mode. If you want to use your paddles as a iambic key, use CW Keyer!

Am 04.08.2020 um 00:10 schrieb RACHAEL SANDERS <m1ayg.rachael@...>:

If you really mean ‘CW Decoder’ mode on the black encoder that’s for decoding incoming signals from others on rear 4 pole jack connector. You do not send in that mode!

It displays the incoming CW signal wpm but you can adjust speaker volume on black knob

On 3 Aug 2020, at 22:46, JOHN MILLS, K1JSM via groups.io <jsmills63@...> wrote:

Paddle dits & dahs are the same, one long tone for as long as one keys. Keying also changes the keying speed. The red knob does not toggle between speed & volume, thus speed is not adjustable. Reset dis not cure the problem. Running v3.

Willi, OE1WKL

You mean the pro sign <sk>? You have to key that as ONE character, no pause between s and k! …_._  and not …  .-.

The decoder works quite accurately - if it decodes something different from what you think you sent, your fist needs improvement! A human operator might not recognize your meaning either...

Am 04.08.2020 um 11:09 schrieb Laura Robertson via groups.io <lflorl@...>:

[...]

If you mean pro sign sk. You have to keep it tight just like other characters.
It promotes really accurate sending and is not as forgiving as ‘some’ humans might be when decoding.

That’s my experience!
Rachael M1AYG

Laura Robertson

Willi

Sorry, my straight key. I use the CW Morse straight key. The M32 works with my CW Morse brand paddles but not the straight key. Suggestions? I have = 3.0.1

Willi, OE1WKL

Laura,

You need to select „Straight Kay“ in the "Keyer Mode“ parameter….