Topics

CW generator, spurious paddle clicks detection

Jaroslav Škarvada

Hi,

with FW 3.0.1, in CW generator/random words mode, Max # of Words set to Unlimited, Stop/Next/Rep sets to On. If I want to advance to next word by clicking the right paddle it seems it sometimes (cca. once from 10 tries) detects the one click as multiple clicks which results in pause and sometimes in immediate restart with the "vvv<ka>". It also happens for the left paddle if I want to repeat the word. I have cheap external paddle, but it works OK in the CW keyer mode. Maybe more aggressive filtering / higher delays will be needed for the stop/next/rep function?

73! Jaroslav, OK2JRQ

Willi, OE1WKL

Jaroslav,
I will check that. Probably has to do with contact bouncing (mechanical key are pretty bad - even the most expensive ones, as we determined through some testing with an oscilloscope…