Topics

Echo Trainer File Player Straight Key Error after 1st charachter #morserino #issues

wk@...

I try to use the the file player function in echo player with a straigt key (Junkers). Several times the morserine prompts an error although I have just entered the first (correct) character of the sequence?
Example of my ASCII Text: all mcl hhh lrl rcr hle eac aar rma rll meh alh alr mec lmh rra hae

Willi, OE1WKL

Hard to say what is going wrong here. Maybe others have similar observations?

Can you make a short vireo to show what is going on?

Am 31.10.2020 um 15:29 schrieb wk@...:

I try to use the the file player function in echo player with a straigt key (Junkers). Several times the morserine prompts an error although I have just entered the first (correct) character of the sequence?
Example of my ASCII Text: all mcl hhh lrl rcr hle eac aar rma rll meh alh alr mec lmh rra hae

RACHAEL SANDERS

Your sending back perhaps?
I know we all ‘think’ we send perfectly BUT actually most us don’t, and the m32 identifies this.
BTW This is not a slight on you but an observation!

On 31 Oct 2020, at 18:12, Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:

Hard to say what is going wrong here. Maybe others have similar observations?

Can you make a short vireo to show what is going on?

Am 31.10.2020 um 15:29 schrieb wk@...:

I try to use the the file player function in echo player with a straigt key (Junkers). Several times the morserine prompts an error although I have just entered the first (correct) character of the sequence?
Example of my ASCII Text: all mcl hhh lrl rcr hle eac aar rma rll meh alh alr mec lmh rra hae

wk@...

Filming is not so easy (3 hands!?) - I´ll try later.
I observed, that after choosing "Echo Trainer" - "File Player" function request "Press paddle" pressing the paddle does NOT work with straight key; I have to press black button once.
Tried again with sequence "hcc". Display shows "h" and immediately shows ERROR - before entering next character !?

73 Wolfgang
It´s correct, I am absolutely not perfect, but try hard ;-)

wk@...

Further examinations with scope showed my fault.
ERORR ist displayed due to my timing mistakes. When PAUSE timing after first correct character ist not correct, error is triggered. (I expected ERROR after wrong input of complete sequence and forgot about timimg.)

73 Wolfgang
Echo trainer menu promt issue pending.

Alberto I2PHD

Morserino looks not only at the character entered with the key, but also at the timing. For example, you wait too much before starting with the key, it signals an error...

Willi, OE1WKL

As far as I can see, you still can start the echo trainer mode by touching a capacitive paddle (but not with your straight key), and of course alternatively with the black knob. I don#t think I am going to change that, for the following reason:
While it would be technically possible to also check the straight key for this type of signal, it would at the same time introduce another inconsistency. In CW generator mode, when used with the Stop/Next/Repeat option, it makes a difference if you touch the left or the right paddle (repeat vs. next) - this is something I cannot do with the straight key.

Right now, the prompt is perfectly correct (Start: Press paddle), you just must not assume that you can press the straight key instead… ;-)

wk@...

Thank you Willi, it´s ok for me.
I will use black knob; capacitative paddle is not installed.
73 Wolfgang