Topics

external paddles behave oddly

John Hysell

I have tried two external paddles that I own, and neither one works well with the morserino.
In both cases, the morserinfo fails to decern between a dit or dah based on the paddle hit.
The capacitive paddles work fine, but external paddles all behave like a straight key.
I can make dit and dah by varying how long I hold either paddle *both paddles behave in this manner*.
Am I missing something in the setup of the morserino? I have read the manual and played with the settings menu
but cannot make progress on this.
thanks for any guidance and 73
John
K2HJ

Willi, OE1WKL

You are working in CW Decoder mode, it seems. Use CW Keyer (or any other mode).

Am 24.12.2019 um 15:52 schrieb John Hysell via Groups.Io <jdhysell@...>:

I have tried two external paddles that I own, and neither one works well with the morserino.
In both cases, the morserinfo fails to decern between a dit or dah based on the paddle hit.
The capacitive paddles work fine, but external paddles all behave like a straight key.
I can make dit and dah by varying how long I hold either paddle *both paddles behave in this manner*.
Am I missing something in the setup of the morserino? I have read the manual and played with the settings menu
but cannot make progress on this.
thanks for any guidance and 73
John
K2HJ

John Hysell

yes
You nailed it in one.
OK - so decoder mode is key only...
I can live with that.

thanks and 73
John
K2HJ

John Hysell

Still no joy.
I tried the external paddles in KEYER mode.
Same behavior. Both paddles generate dit or dah (or repeating characters)
based on how long I hold them. I do not see how to make one defined as dit
and the other as dah...
Does JMP1 play any role? I have no jumpers on any of the 4 pins.
*the assembly docs do not show any either*

73 and merry Christmas to all
John
K2HJ

Juergen Wagner

Hello John,
i think now i've understood what u mean: no matter which paddle u close,
dits and dots alternativly will be generated. years ago i had exacly that with
a wrong wired keyer in which each paddle contact closes both contacts.
If u hve an unwired connctor, plug it in and check with closing the right
connections. When happens the same failure it lookes for me that the socket has
the the mail function, otherwise its externaö on the way to the keying device.
73
Juergen
DL4KE
nnnn

Am 25.12.2019 um 18:22 schrieb John Hysell via Groups.Io:

Still no joy.
I tried the external paddles in KEYER mode.
Same behavior. Both paddles generate dit or dah (or repeating characters)
based on how long I hold them. I do not see how to make one defined as dit
and the other as dah...
Does JMP1 play any role? I have no jumpers on any of the 4 pins.
*the assembly docs do not show any either*

73 and merry Christmas to all
John
K2HJ

Willi, OE1WKL

John,
Can you prepare a short video for us soi that we can see that strange behaviour?

Thanks

Am 25.12.2019 um 18:22 schrieb John Hysell via Groups.Io <jdhysell@...>:

Still no joy.
I tried the external paddles in KEYER mode.
Same behavior. Both paddles generate dit or dah (or repeating characters)
based on how long I hold them. I do not see how to make one defined as dit
and the other as dah...
Does JMP1 play any role? I have no jumpers on any of the 4 pins.
*the assembly docs do not show any either*

73 and merry Christmas to all
John
K2HJ

Andrew de Mora

I have just completed my kit and have exactly the same issue. either paddle will just produce a sound depending on how long I hold it. external the same

Willi, OE1WKL

It seems you are in CW Decoder mode, where the Morserino aunt's you connected a straight key.
Switch to CW Keyer mode and all will be fine....

Am 26.01.2020 um 15:59 schrieb Andrew de Mora <andrew@...>:

I have just completed my kit and have exactly the same issue. either paddle will just produce a sound depending on how long I hold it. external the same

Andrew de Mora

Hi Willi

It wasn’t that as I checked that first, but rechecked all my soldering and there must have been a bad joint, all looks to be ok, just assembling the case to finish setting it up and will run through all the settings

Kind regards

Andrew

Andrew
Call sign: M0ROL
07711183716
www.demora.co.uk

On 26 Jan 2020, at 15:01, Willi, OE1WKL <willi@...> wrote:

It seems you are in CW Decoder mode, where the Morserino aunt's you connected a straight key.
Switch to CW Keyer mode and all will be fine....

Am 26.01.2020 um 15:59 schrieb Andrew de Mora <andrew@...>:

I have just completed my kit and have exactly the same issue. either paddle will just produce a sound depending on how long I hold it. external the same

F4HHY

hi will

i try to install cw trainer , but its says that another installation is in progres

i goes to iw7dmh and upload the two files witch one i must use

thank's for ur help

best 73 F4hhy

> Message du 26/01/20 16:04
> De : "Willi, OE1WKL" <willi@...>
> A : morserino@groups.io
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [morserino] external paddles behave oddly
>
>It seems you are in CW Decoder mode, where the Morserino aunt's you connected a straight key.
Switch to CW Keyer mode and all will be fine....

Am 26.01.2020 um 15:59 schrieb Andrew de Mora <andrew@...>:

I have just completed my kit and have exactly the same issue. either paddle will just produce a sound depending on how long I hold it. external the same

Enzo Stefanazzi

Hello Stéphane,

this thread was about external paddles issue. There are other threads in the forum about the cw trainer program.
Anyway to answer your question you have to run the setup.exe file. You can find other informartions on the following link https://iw7dmh.jimdofree.com/other-projects/cw-trainer-for-morserino-32/

73' iw7dmh

F4HHY

Hi,