Topics

Hi .. I am new to the group

George Anderson

Hi ..
I am George.. my callsign is gm0syu

I am new to morserino32 and have just completed the build.

It is a  very nice unit.
I have a couple questions though. 

1. When trying to use the cap. paddles, should the " click " into place ? .. mine stay a little noise

2. Is it possible to purchase spare paddles and what would cost be?

Thank you and 73

George GM0SYU  

RACHAEL SANDERS

Hi George 
Welcome. I’ve had mine a couple of months plus. It’s a great device. Excellent for learning and practice.
I presume you meant paddles stay ‘loose’. Yes, there’s no retention clips etc. I know some have used a piece of foam above them as a wedge. I used them early on but don’t use them any longer. I use separate CW Morse paddles or a straight key. Work great!
I would also recommend OE6FEG UTube videos on setup. Well worth watching.
73 de
Rachael 

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 at 04:28, George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...> wrote:
Hi ..

It is a  very nice unit.

1. When trying to use the cap. paddles, should the " click " into place ? .. mine stay a little noise

Thank you and 73

George GM0SYU  

Willi, OE1WKL

Spare paddles (incl. shipping costs):
1 pair 7 €
2 pairs 8 €
3 pairs 10 €

Willi

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 14.09.2020 um 05:29 schrieb George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...>:

Hi ..

It is a  very nice unit.

Thank you and 73

George GM0SYU  

Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM)

Hello

If Willi doesn't see an objection, I don't use mines. So I could send them to UK for no cost.

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

George Anderson

Hi all ..

Thank you all so much for your replies re the paddles ..
I thought I had lost one of mine to the floor, but thankfully found the one and now have both.

I now have another question 
I have no sound or when i try to access the functions, I am getting no displayed text .. is there something that I'm not doing correctly? I don't think I've done anything wrong .. hope not

If someone could maybe help with  this to get me started lol

Thanks again .. you've all been great so far

George GM0SYU 

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, 10:34 Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM), <on4kjm@...> wrote:
Hello

If Willi doesn't see an objection, I don't use mines. So I could send them to UK for no cost.

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

Willi, OE1WKL

Hi!

Your description is not conclusive enough to help you; can you make a short video that demonstrates the issue?

Willi

Am 14.09.2020 um 19:22 schrieb George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...>:

Hi all ..

I thought I had lost one of mine to the floor, but thankfully found the one and now have both.

I have no sound or when i try to access the functions, I am getting no displayed text .. is there something that I'm not doing correctly? I don't think I've done anything wrong .. hope not

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

George Anderson

I will try this idea thanks.
Mean while is there maybe a parameter list that I could check, just incase I have switched something off ??

George

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, 18:55 Willi, OE1WKL, <willi@...> wrote:
Hi!

Your description is not conclusive enough to help you; can you make a short video that demonstrates the issue?

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

Willi, OE1WKL

There is a Lust of all Parameters in the User Manual! 

Willi

Am 14.09.2020 um 21:16 schrieb George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...>:

Mean while is there maybe a parameter list that I could check, just incase I have switched something off ??

George

Hi!

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

George Anderson

Thank you Willi.
Is it just a case of ensuring that I follow the parameter list to make sure that morserino is same?
I'm sorry about the questions but its a little disheartening thst I'm not able to get it going yet .. I live in hope

George 

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, 20:31 Willi, OE1WKL, <willi@...> wrote:

Willi

George

Hi!

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

George Anderson

Hi Will I

On beginning,  I plug in, I then select cw generator, English words. I then press on black knob to show message to start with either paddle or black knob .. and nothing happens as seen on display The build seems to be correct .

Sorry unable to send large clip from phone. .. 

Any ideas ?

George 

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, 23:08 George Anderson via groups.io, <george.gm0syu=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you Willi.
Is it just a case of ensuring that I follow the parameter list to make sure that morserino is same?
I'm sorry about the questions but its a little disheartening thst I'm not able to get it going yet .. I live in hope

George 

Willi

George

Hi!

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

George Anderson

Is there a file that needs to run that would show and display .. I'm not sure but I get the feeling that i might have to reset something Willi .. any ideas ?

George

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, 01:11 George Anderson via groups.io, <george.gm0syu=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Will I

On beginning,  I plug in, I then select cw generator, English words. I then press on black knob to show message to start with either paddle or black knob .. and nothing happens as seen on display The build seems to be correct .

Any ideas ?

George 

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020, 23:08 George Anderson via groups.io, <george.gm0syu=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you Willi.

George 

Willi

George

Hi!

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

Willi, OE1WKL

George,

There is no option or need for a factory reset.
Does the CW Keyer work when you select it from the menu?

Willi

Am 15.09.2020 um 02:16 schrieb George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...>:

Is there a file that needs to run that would show and display .. I'm not sure but I get the feeling that i might have to reset something Willi .. any ideas ?

George

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020, 01:11 George Anderson via groups.io, <george.gm0syu=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Will I

Any ideas ?

George 

Thank you Willi.

George 

Willi

George

Hi!

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

Willi, OE1WKL

What happens if at that stage you touch one of the paddles?

Willi

Am 15.09.2020 um 02:11 schrieb George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...>:

Hi Will I

Any ideas ?

George 

Thank you Willi.

George 

Willi

George

Hi!

Willi

Hi all ..

George GM0SYU 

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm

George Anderson

Hi Thank you
I have found the paddle now
Thank you for the kind offer though 

George gm0syu 73

Hello

73 de ON4KJM

/- Jmm