Topics

I found something practical

Bob DeHaney

I’m 80 with some intentional tremor so I use single-lever keys.  With the Moserino in CW Keyer Mode, I can really evaluate how good my various keys are.  I’ve discovered some are not…  All of the Begalli’s are top (I have 3).

For you newbies:  You can never have enough keys 😊

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

Gwen Patton

Keys are like holsters. You inevitably wind up with a box of them, all decent enough, but not quite good enough to meet your needs.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:26 AM Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...> wrote:

I’m 80 with some intentional tremor so I use single-lever keys.  With the Moserino in CW Keyer Mode, I can really evaluate how good my various keys are.  I’ve discovered some are not…  All of the Begalli’s are top (I have 3).

For you newbies:  You can never have enough keys 😊

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

Juergen Wagner

mni tks Gewn - that was it, yes ur right, sometimes i'am a little off track .... ..
73
Juergen
DL4KE

nnnn

Am 01.08.2020 um 18:03 schrieb Gwen Patton:

Keys are like holsters. You inevitably wind up with a box of them, all decent enough, but not quite good enough to meet your needs.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:26 AM Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...> wrote:

I’m 80 with some intentional tremor so I use single-lever keys.  With the Moserino in CW Keyer Mode, I can really evaluate how good my various keys are.  I’ve discovered some are not…  All of the Begalli’s are top (I have 3).

For you newbies:  You can never have enough keys 😊

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

N4BQQ@yahoo.com

On the subject of keys.  I'm looking for a good key.  Is the BaMaKeY TP-II a good key?
Mike N4BQQ

Gwen Patton

My favorite is the W1SFR Torsion Bar Cootie Paddle. But get the Fat Boy model -- the base is much heavier and it doesn't skitter on your table as much. Smooth, great touch, doesn't need pounding for it to work great. And I don't have to reset the gaps on the contacts to switch from paddles to cootie! Works perfectly with the Morserino.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 11:11 PM N4BQQ@... via groups.io <N4BQQ=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On the subject of keys.  I'm looking for a good key.  Is the BaMaKeY TP-II a good key?
Mike N4BQQ

Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM)

I have been intensively using the BaMaKeY TP-II for a couple of months. I am very satisfied with it. Feels very precise and crisp. A good key to start getting to higher speeds (25 wpm and above), my current goal. It is a very nice and satisfying piece of engineering. It is also a very good compromise for home (with the magnetic base) and in the field where nature is my shack (WWFF, Sota, etc). It is the replacement for my faithfull Palm mini key (that are not built anymore). The only drawback is that you need to be creative to pack it safely in your rucksack (where the problem was solved out of the box with the Palm Key). I solved it by using a portable hard disk shell.

But keys are like fountain pens: it is a question of taste and feeling. And you quickly start collecting them....

73

/- Jmm

tobias

speaking of bamatech: you might also have a look at the small (magnetic) straight key. very (!) small, lightweight and 'cute'. markus just finished a new batch of them. =)

cheers,

toby

N4BQQ@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply.  $250 is pretty steep for me; however, I might have to bite the bullet.
That straight key is cute & practicIe.
Thanks again.
Mike N4BQQ