Topics

Koch Custom File Selection

AChristianHam@yahoo.com

Koch Custom File Selection

I probably do not understand - this section is unclear to me.

I made a custom file with the letters a through z, one letter per line.
then I added the punctuation marks or Interpunct, each one per line.
I did the same with the numbers and Pro Signs.
I have 51 lines in my .txt file - I have + listed in punctuation or Interpunct. as well as [ar] which is shown as +.

I then uploaded my .txt  file to the Morserino-32.

While in the Koch Trainer modus, I went to "Parameters" menu, selected "Koch Sequence" and selected "Custom Chars"

I had to turn off the unit (pulled the USB cable) for it to change to the new setting!?

When I go to "Select Lesson", it only gives Lesson Numbers 1 through 50; however it gives no letter or number, etc. to learn.

I cannot practice the selected lesson either.

I hope all this has made sense.

Mike N4BQQ

Willi, OE1WKL

Mike,

The custom character set works differently from the other character sets.
First, it should not be necessary to power down after selection.
Second, Koch CW Generator and Koch Echo Trainer will then always work with ALL characters from your file - you can select lessons and pick & choose. It works as described in the manual on page 22:

You can also use the Koch Trainer to train your specific character set: You upload a text file for the file player that contains the characters you want to train (as one „word“ or several, in one line or more), and then set the parameter 'Koch Sequence' to the new option „Custom Chars“. This reads the characters from the file. Now you can use the Koch Trainer (CW Generator or Echo Trainer), and it will use exactly those characters for your training (the setting of the Koch lesson has no influence at this point). If you want to change the character set, upload a new text file, and re-select the option „Custom Chars“ (even if it had been selected before), to prepare the new character set (if you just upload a new text file, the custom character set will not change - you have to go into parameters and re-select „Custom Chars“ again; this is a feature, not a bug: it means you can switch between training your characters, and using a (different) text file for file player ...). Setting „Koch Sequence“ to M32 or LCWO will revert to the „normal“ Koch trainer option.