Topics

Morserino32 storage ideas and Lipo

George Anderson

Hi all .. good morning

I was wondering how you guys store your Morserino32?

Also as the morserino offers an option to use lipo batteries .. I was wondering what is best to give a portable self contained unit

Thanks to all again for your help the other day " in getting me going "

Thank you and 73

George gm0syu

Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM)

Hi Georges,

Personally, I didn't want to bother with a LiPo battery (for various reasons, the main being laziness). I am using a Power Pack (for GSMs for example). You just need to add a small accessory that enough current is drawn so that the pack doesn't go in power save mode.

It travels well in the original cardboard box (with power pack). Just avoid that the pieces move freely in the box and some gentle protection for the screen. It travelled well during the summer when we visited our daughter (living in France). But I upgraded the cardboard box to a small plastic lunch box with some padding. It is small enough to take along for business travels (when this will be safe again to travel). And the Power Pack I have anyway with me during travels.

My 2 cents....

73 de ON4KJM

Steve

I use a go pro storage case (Amazon do a basic version), it is foam filled and can bd cut to fit the morserino with a zip pocket in the lid for accesories, like leads,keys etc.

George Anderson

Hi .. thanks for the reply.. good ideas

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020, 07:27 Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM), <on4kjm@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Steve ..
Sounds like a fine idea .
Thanks and 73
George

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020, 07:32 Steve, <steveb2541@...> wrote:
I use a go pro storage case (Amazon do a basic version), it is foam filled and can bd cut to fit the morserino with a zip pocket in the lid for accesories, like leads,keys etc.

Joe K9SZ

Hi George,

I recently purchased a set of batteries and connectors which were recommended by Patrick N6PWD.

The post is here:

And, Amazon links are here:

I also purchased this RF terminator recommended by Mike N4BQQ for safety in case I enable LoRa by mistake.

The post is here:

And, Amazon link is here:

I’m very pleased with the final result.

Attached is a photo of the unit with the devices installed with spares to the side.

73
Joe K9SZ

On Sep 15, 2020, at 8:10 PM, George Anderson <george.gm0syu@...> wrote:

Hi all .. good morning

I was wondering how you guys store your Morserino32?

Also as the morserino offers an option to use lipo batteries .. I was wondering what is best to give a portable self contained unit

Thanks to all again for your help the other day " in getting me going "

Thank you and 73

George gm0syu

N4BQQ@yahoo.com

Steve & Y'all,
I mounted mine on a peg board along with a dual-paddle iambic BaMaKey key.

Mike N4BQQ

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 15:55, George Anderson
<george.gm0syu@...> wrote:
Hi Steve ..
Sounds like a fine idea .
Thanks and 73
George

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020, 07:32 Steve, <steveb2541@...> wrote:
I use a go pro storage case (Amazon do a basic version), it is foam filled and can bd cut to fit the morserino with a zip pocket in the lid for accesories, like leads,keys etc.

George Anderson

Excellent Joe .. thank you
George