Topics

new!

Andrew Lee

Good morning, not only am I new to the group I have never posted in an io group before... I have ordered my morserino kit and it has been shipped. Just happily waiting for it and looking forward to putting it together and learning CW. I just wanted to introduce myself as well as reach out to more knowledgeable folks about starting to learn CW. From what I have read this kit seems to be a great way to start. I am green enough that I don't even know yet what questions to ask. Obviously I am going to need to learn the language first and go from there. Any tips are appreciated. I also realize there are probably a metric ton of these types of posts/requests so don't get too annoyed with another one! I am also reaching out to start connecting with folks in the community so that I am not just trying to learn on my own. I have been operating as a General class for about a year now and am getting my station ironed out. I fell down the FT8 rabbit hole and am looking to expand in what seems a very fulfilling mode of operation in CW.

Andy KD4YSJ

J Calnan

Longislandcwclub.org have many classes for beginners, and they even have a weekly session for Morserino! They are over 800 members from around the world.

Morsecode.ninja is also a good place to start.

John/W7JKC