From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> on behalf of Geoff via groups.io <vk2cnn@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 5:07 AM
To: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io>
Subject: [morserino] No WiFi connection

Hi,

I have been updating firmware a few times so far via WiFi without any issues.
I have updated to the latest version of firmware couple of months ago.
However, recently, My Moserino32 would not connect to the WiFi.
So I have tried to setup the WiFi again. After entering the WiFi details, such as SSID and the Password,
I get the following message "Wifi Info updated - now restarting Morserino-32..." and the Moserino restarts.
After restarting, when I check WiFi, I get the message saying "Not connected, No WiFi..."
What am I doing wrong? I have never had any issues connecting to my WiFi.
Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Geoff, VK2CNN

Willi, OE1WKL

When the Morserino shows „No WiFi“, these are the most common issues:
  • SSID wrong
  • Password wrong
  • WiFi router is on 5 GHz only and not on 2.4 GHz
  • WiFi router is too far away (ideally between 1 and 5 m - 3 to 15 feet), or there are walls etc in between
  • WiFi router is rather old (and cannot cope without hiccups with the newer WiFi protocol versions)

Sometimes it helps to use a smartphone hotspot…

Am 15.10.2020 um 13:29 schrieb vince adams <vince@...>:

Geoff
How close are you to your computer? When you say No WIFI where are you seeing this displayed? On your computer or on the Morserino?
Vince KD7TWW

I have been updating firmware a few times so far via WiFi without any issues.
I have updated to the latest version of firmware couple of months ago.
However, recently, My Moserino32 would not connect to the WiFi.
So I have tried to setup the WiFi again. After entering the WiFi details, such as SSID and the Password,
I get the following message "Wifi Info updated - now restarting Morserino-32..." and the Moserino restarts.
After restarting, when I check WiFi, I get the message saying "Not connected, No WiFi..."
What am I doing wrong? I have never had any issues connecting to my WiFi.
Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Geoff, VK2CNN

Geoff

I am very close to the computer and wifi router. I have updated firmwares previously without any issues at all but recently I just can get Moserino connect to WiFi.
All the details such as SSID and the Password are correct.
Will try smartphone method and see how it goes.
Thank you for your help.
Geoff VK2CNN

Willi, OE1WKL

Sometimes a reset of the router also works wonders...

Am 15.10.2020 um 20:43 schrieb Geoff <vk2cnn@...>:

I am very close to the computer and wifi router. I have updated firmwares previously without any issues at all but recently I just can get Moserino connect to WiFi.
All the details such as SSID and the Password are correct.
Will try smartphone method and see how it goes.
Thank you for your help.
Geoff VK2CNN

Geoff

I have tried many times with all the suggestions mentioned in this thread but still can not connect the WiFi.
When I connect to moserino AP on the computer and enter IP 192.168.4.1 I see the screen as attached.
It shows my WiFi SSID "HomeNet" I then click password to enter the password it shows my WiFi password that I have used previously.

I get the following message "Wifi Info updated - now restarting Morserino-32..." and the Moserino restarts.
After restarting, when I check WiFi on the Moserino, I get the message saying "Not connected, No WiFi:  HomeNet" RED: return.

It seems whatever is stored on Moserino can't not be overwritten with the new information sent via the web browser.

Is there anyway to reset the Moserino and clear the any user information?
If there is how to go about it?