Topics

Not planning to install battery: what functionality do I lose?

Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM)

Hello,

In a couple of days, I will be the happy owner of a Morserino-32 kit.
Reading through the documentation and the messages of this board, it is not clear to me what guides the choice to install the LiPo battery or not. Is it worth the hassle for a sedentary use (access to a USB charger or USB power bank)? Is the battery required to avoid losing settings?

73

/- Jmm

ON4KJM

igorvasilyev007@...

Hi Jean-Marc,

Morserino battery is optional (additional 7euro + send costs) , I using its almost a month on powerbank or USB port of PC 4,5VDC (+-).

73

ON3?? ( just licensed awaiting BIPT callsignt)

Igor

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

In a couple of days, I will be the happy owner of a Morserino-32 kit.
Reading through the documentation and the messages of this board, it is not clear to me what guides the choice to install the LiPo battery or not. Is it worth the hassle for a sedentary use (access to a USB charger or USB power bank)? Is the battery required to avoid losing settings?

73

/- Jmm

ON4KJM

Mike Stone

As far as I know a determining factor between using a battery or not using a battery is portability.    I use the battery so I don’t have to have it connected to a cord and can move it around with me.
73
Mike, N1VE

On Jun 26, 2020, at 9:15 AM, Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM) <on4kjm@...> wrote:

Hello,

In a couple of days, I will be the happy owner of a Morserino-32 kit.
Reading through the documentation and the messages of this board, it is not clear to me what guides the choice to install the LiPo battery or not. Is it worth the hassle for a sedentary use (access to a USB charger or USB power bank)? Is the battery required to avoid losing settings?

73

/- Jmm

ON4KJM

Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM)

Congratulations for your ticket, Igor.
FYI, my QTH is near Zaventem.

And thank you for sharing your experience with the battery.

/- Jmm

ON4KJM