Topics

Partially functional

Adam Mosley

After some deliberation online I was directed here in hopes of possibly getting my M32 to work properly. I received my lot a couple days ago and post build I find it doesn't operate correctly. It does power on, no magic blue smoke, but all I get is CW keyer, no additional modes like I see online, it doesn't seem to see the rotary encoder or the button to it's immediate right. This is not my first lot and I really would like to be able to take advantage of it rather than it assuming a place on a shelf.. Maybe someone has some ideas? Adam

Willi, OE1WKL

The most likely reason is one or more bad solder joints on the encoder. Please resolder all 5 pins of the encoder, taking care especially of this that connect to ground - they take up a lot of heat before the solder really flows…

OE1WKL

Am 14.12.2019 um 15:10 schrieb draggynsmate@...:

After some deliberation online I was directed here in hopes of possibly getting my M32 to work properly. I received my lot a couple days ago and post build I find it doesn't operate correctly. It does power on, no magic blue smoke, but all I get is CW keyer, no additional modes like I see online, it doesn't seem to see the rotary encoder or the button to it's immediate right. This is not my first lot and I really would like to be able to take advantage of it rather than it assuming a place on a shelf.. Maybe someone has some ideas? Adam

Craig T. Bailey

The rotary encoder has been a tough widget to solder with good ground.

I had to try two attempts at getting the encoder to properly solder on.

--
_____
Craig Bailey

Adam Mosley

I have to say that took a great deal more than I was expecting. Results are now a functional M32 and my journey to learning CW begins!! Gentleman thank you for the information, I greatly appreciate it!!!