From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton via groups.io <ardrhi@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 9:36 AM
To: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io>
Subject: [morserino] Possible battery source

I spotted this when looking up the HiLetgo ESP32 board used in the Morserino-32 on Amazon, and saw that it was "frequently sold with" a particular battery. I didn't check the measurements, but I'm fairly certain it won't fit under the ESP32 on top of the board, but with the longer standoffs I'm sure it will fit UNDER the PCB. It's 1000mAh and I thought it looked...interesting. You might have to do some fiddling with whatever connector you want to use (I have pigtails for both JST1.25 AND the Molex blade connector) but that's a trivial matter. I only bring it up because of the suggestion from Amazon that they've supposedly sold a bunch of them along with those ESP32 boards, not because I've tried it or checked anything to make sure it's good for the Morserino in particular. I'm sure someone can just look at its specs and know whether or not it's usable, but I've seen a lot of posts about where to get batteries. I thought I'd offer this as a possible battery for the Morserino. If it isn't, oh, well.

https://www.amazon.com/MakerFocus-Rechargable-Protection-Insulated-Development/dp/B07CXNQ3ZR/

73,
Gwen, NG3P

vince adams

EDIT
Group
Yes, it does connect okay to the Heltec module okay but not to the Morserino without modification and or a possible new plug
Vince 73 KD7TWW