Topics

Possible Heltec ESP32 Wifi Lofta Board Failure

Hilary McGartlin

Recently assembled two Morserino kits. After one month of use one unit started to malfunction. First the speaker audio stopped. Plugged 3.5 mm headphone into Phone jack and continued to operate. Wifi was displaying wifi connection of the assemble location (my Garage) tried to enter WIFI functions menu by pressing RED button on long push and triple click with no success. Start screen shows Morserino 32 43415, V.3.0.2, 2018-2020, U:4.3V on power up. Unit shows Select Mode, Transceiver, Lora Tr. single press of Lora Tr enables transmit of cw code. No other selections available with BLACK knob, Single press of RED button shows audio adjust. Lora TR only Select Mode available. Lora frequency appears and snapshot appears and clears. No other functions visible.
Does anyone have any troubleshooting recommendations. Does the Heltec processor cause this type of malfunction.

Willi, OE1WKL

Wayne,

You are on the current firmware version, but you obviously are using an old manual. The WiFi function is now part of the main menu structure (since version 2.0, quite a long time ago).
LONG press of RED button gives you the output level adjust function, not so a short click of the RED button.
And rememeber, a LONG press of the black knob gets you back up the menu structure, where on the top level you will find the WiFi functions.

Willi

Am 11.11.2020 um 07:53 schrieb Hilary McGartlin <mcgartlin@...>:

[...]

Downloaded Morserino User Manual Version 3.0 May 2020. The only mode available is Transceiver- LoRa Trx, The black rotary does not change anything. single push gives me Transceiver with .. below Transceiver, two press on black knob get me into the LoRa function and allows me to use the paddles and monitor thru the 3.5 mm jack with cell phone ear pieces. The speaker does not work. If USB cable is plugged in Windows 10 recognized the silab driver. Any recommendations on where to go from this point.

Willi, OE1WKL

Did. you try  a LONG press on the black knob?

Am 11.11.2020 um 19:36 schrieb Hilary McGartlin <mcgartlin@...>:

Downloaded Morserino User Manual Version 3.0 May 2020. The only mode available is Transceiver- LoRa Trx, The black rotary does not change anything. single push gives me Transceiver with .. below Transceiver, two press on black knob get me into the LoRa function and allows me to use the paddles and monitor thru the 3.5 mm jack with cell phone ear pieces. The speaker does not work. If USB cable is plugged in Windows 10 recognized the silab driver. Any recommendations on where to go from this point.

Hilary McGartlin

Long press displays: Select Modus: Transceiver with .. below Transceiver

Wayne

Did. you try  a LONG press on the black knob?

Am 11.11.2020 um 19:36 schrieb Hilary McGartlin <mcgartlin@...>:

Downloaded Morserino User Manual Version 3.0 May 2020. The only mode available is Transceiver- LoRa Trx, The black rotary does not change anything. single push gives me Transceiver with .. below Transceiver, two press on black knob get me into the LoRa function and allows me to use the paddles and monitor thru the 3.5 mm jack with cell phone ear pieces. The speaker does not work. If USB cable is plugged in Windows 10 recognized the silab driver. Any recommendations on where to go from this point.

Willi, OE1WKL

Now after the long press rotate encoder....

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 11.11.2020 um 20:28 schrieb Hilary McGartlin <mcgartlin@...>:

Long press displays: Select Modus: Transceiver with .. below Transceiver

Wayne

Did. you try  a LONG press on the black knob?

Am 11.11.2020 um 19:36 schrieb Hilary McGartlin <mcgartlin@...>:

Downloaded Morserino User Manual Version 3.0 May 2020. The only mode available is Transceiver- LoRa Trx, The black rotary does not change anything. single push gives me Transceiver with .. below Transceiver, two press on black knob get me into the LoRa function and allows me to use the paddles and monitor thru the 3.5 mm jack with cell phone ear pieces. The speaker does not work. If USB cable is plugged in Windows 10 recognized the silab driver. Any recommendations on where to go from this point.

Hilary McGartlin

Is it possible to purchase a programmed Heltec ESP32 WIFI Lofta Board. I assembled three kits, purchased two the last time out. Took one to a blind friends home and set it up, works  excellent. Set the second one up in my garage on the WIFI connection in the garage, brought it inside to setup WIFI for house SSIP, things went down hill from their. First thing to go was the speaker, never was able to change WIFI to house SSID. I believe I corrupted the processor.

Hilary McGartlin

Rotating encoder does not change anything, rotate function not working.

From: <main@morserino.groups.io> on behalf of Rich <richk2ups@...>
Date: Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 12:25 PM
To: <main@morserino.groups.io>

I am curious if you used leaded solder or lead free solder.