Problem trying with a straight key or bug..

David KK7SS

I'm trying to use either a straight key or a bug.

I've selected "non-squeeze", and have the correct polarity. The pug is wired correctly.

In "Echotrainer" mode, I can enter the first (sometimes second character) and then it errors and replays the word,
"CW Decoder" works on and off !!

All is ok using the touch paddles in "Non-squeeze" mode.

I think I've messed around with all the parameters without success..
I'm trying to get about 10-12 WPM..
I've also tried a Reset,
Suggestions or solutions welcome,

Willi, OE1WKL

Non squeeze mode simulates a single lever paddle, so this is not what you want.
Use the straight key mode, if you want to use a straight key!
And pse note: CW keyer will not work in straight key mode (you will be the keyer,  i.e. the one responsible for dits and dahs, not the Morserino! )

Am 11.07.2021 um 00:02 schrieb David KK7SS <d3j452@...>:

I'm trying to use either a straight key or a bug.

I've selected "non-squeeze", and have the correct polarity. The pug is wired correctly.

In "Echotrainer" mode, I can enter the first (sometimes second character) and then it errors and replays the word,
"CW Decoder" works on and off !!

All is ok using the touch paddles in "Non-squeeze" mode.

I think I've messed around with all the parameters without success..
I'm trying to get about 10-12 WPM..
I've also tried a Reset,
Suggestions or solutions welcome,

David KK7SS

Willi,

Thank you... now I see..  My apologies.
I can't do what I was trying to do  :-)
The problem with trying to deocde an erratic 'fist' with a straight key in Echotrainer mode would be enormous !!

CW Keyer mode will be the way,,

Best wishes

Dave KK7SS