Topics

Schematic v3 help

Dennis Niles

Found schematic for v3 but from the bottom I can't find pin 2 that runs to the left paddle.  Need to check that solder connection and the corresponding ground.  How can I fund the two pins?  Tnx Den

Willi, OE1WKL

Here is a pin-out diagram of the Heltec module.
Please check by directly touching the pin on the Heltec - it should trigger the left paddle. After that, check that there is actually good contact at the paddle connector (you did remove the yellow plastic, didn’t you?). There is no specific ground connection for the paddle - it goes to common ground at the connector. But the trace to pin 2 could need some desoldering…

Am 15.02.2020 um 04:43 schrieb Dennis Niles <kh6xt@...>:

Found schematic for v3 but from the bottom I can't find pin 2 that runs to the left paddle.  Need to check that solder connection and the corresponding ground.  How can I fund the two pins?  Tnx Den

Dennis Niles

Worked perfectly.  Re-soldered pin after touch test you recommended.  Final question I promise.  The push button switch does not work.  Resoldered four pins on switch.  Please give me the corresponding Heltec pin numbers so I can check them.  Great product and your prompt earlier reply was most appreciated.  73

Armin, DJ2AG

Dennis,

from "technical Overview" document:
"A second push-button switch is connected to Pin 0 of the ESP32".

Willi, OE1WKL