Topics

shutting down

paul taylor

I am trying to trouble shoot a connection problem.
This has become more difficult because the Morserino shuts down and trouble shooting stops.
Is there a simple cookbook method of setting the Morserino to not shut down?

The lipo battery is brand new.
If I have an external phone charger the quick shutdown does not appear to happen. The connection fails for other reasons
paul wb2gin/3

RACHAEL SANDERS

Is the battery 🔋 fully charged?
It takes several hours and the battery only charges when the rear switch is ON!

On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 at 13:26, paul taylor <paulus@...> wrote:
I am trying to trouble shoot a connection problem.
This has become more difficult because the Morserino shuts down and trouble shooting stops.
Is there a simple cookbook method of setting the Morserino to not shut down?

The lipo battery is brand new.
If I have an external phone charger the quick shutdown does not appear to happen. The connection fails for other reasons
paul wb2gin/3

Willi, OE1WKL

Maybe it is just going to sleep - you can change the time-out /and also turn it off) with the parameter „Time Out“ - see p. 38 in the user manual.

Willi

Gwen Patton

Since you keep referring to the documentation as "documentation", I can only assume you have not actually seen the real documentation. I suggest going to https://github.com/oe1wkl/Morserino-32/blob/master/Documentation/User%20Manual/Version%203.x/m32_user-Manual_v3.pdf -- the location of the actual user documentation for the device -- and going to the section starting on Page 27. The "shuts down and trouble shooting stops" sounds like the device either: a) Displayed the MAC address, and did what it is supposed to and restarted, or b) Again, did what it is supposed to do and restarted in Access Point mode, so you can connect directly to it via WiFi, then go to the "http://m32.local" web address on a browser in the device you connected to it with. I suggest connecting to it with your PC or Chromebook WiFi, rather than a phone, since some phones can't do the .local connection it requires, and it doesn't sound like you want to mess about figuring out the IP address of the M32 so you can use that.

Try that much. Get the ACTUAL documentation, not the "documentation" and youtube videos you've been struggling with. Read the wifi section starting on page 27. Then try doing what it says to connect to the M32 in access point mode, so you can get your home network's access ID and password into the M32 so it can log into your network.

I think not having the right documentation has been the main problem here. You're seeing it "restart" or "shut down" and haven't seen the correct documentation that describes properly what it's doing.

73,
Gwen, NG3P