From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> On Behalf Of kuehlem@...
Sent: Sunday, 17 May 2020 10:54
To: main@morserino.groups.io
Subject: [morserino] Update to V 3.0 failed - Morserino completely dark/dead

Hello, how can the Morserino be reset? Update fails completely. I installed the update via USB cable according to the instructions. The display remained dark. I read in the forum that you should wait 5 minutes for the Morserino to start again. I waited over 15 minutes. No reaction. Then I pressed the reset button. Display dark. I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Display still dark. I downloaded older software versions via usb cable - no reaction. My Morserino is dead. My most important question: How can I start the Morserino again? Thanks

kuehlem@...

Thanks for the tip. Had now disconnected the battery for over 20 minutes. Unfortunately still dead. Probably I shot the boot loader?

Joe K9SZ

I can help you with recovering your unit. I’ll direct message you shortly.

73
Joe

On May 17, 2020, at 5:56 AM, kuehlem@... wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Had now disconnected the battery for over 20 minutes. Unfortunately still dead. Probably I shot the boot loader?

igorvasilyev007@...

Hi there, I had same issue like yours. I still working on it, but discovered the following:
-1) Removed LoRa 32 module from print plate and connect to Power supply (e.g. 5vDC power bank) directly:
= will see message "release BLACK" than a few seconds "Calibrate volage - Calibrate Batt >XXXX mV"
I guess it is something wrong in print plat , I guess need revise soldering points.
It is not dead , indeed, but need to find electrical or mechanical bug.
73
Igor

Willi, OE1WKL

The message „Release Black“ is normal and expected behavior, if you power the Heltec module outside the Morserino. It relates to the system functions, that are reached by powering on with the Black Knob pressed. As there is no pull-up when started outside the Morserino, it thinks the black knob has been pressed.

Yes check the soldering of the Heltec module (and of teh rotary encoder and push button switch - these are notoriously difficult to solder - need a lot of heat.

Willi
OE1WKL

Am 24.05.2020 um 14:31 schrieb igorvasilyev007@...:

Hi there, I had same issue like yours. I still working on it, but discovered the following:
-1) Removed LoRa 32 module from print plate and connect to Power supply (e.g. 5vDC power bank) directly:
= will see message "release BLACK" than a few seconds "Calibrate volage - Calibrate Batt >XXXX mV"
I guess it is something wrong in print plat , I guess need revise soldering points.
It is not dead , indeed, but need to find electrical or mechanical bug.
73
Igor
<20200524_140206.jpg><20200524_134747.jpg>