Topics

US Customs

Rob W2ITT
 

Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--

73,
Rob W2ITT

Chris Bateson
 

Haha I just emailed Willi about 3 hours ago asking the same question.  I asked if others in the US have received theirs.  

Seems like I'm not the only one and it's held up in Customs for the moment.  I'll keep waiting. :)

Thanks
Chris
NZ6T

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 4:37 PM Rob W2ITT <wittrf@...> wrote:
Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--

73,
Rob W2ITT

Bob DeHaney
 

I sent a machined tuning knob to the USA at the beginning of May.  He still has not received it.

 

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

 

From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Bateson
Sent: Monday, 15 June 2020 22:42
To: main@morserino.groups.io
Subject: Re: [morserino] US Customs

 

Haha I just emailed Willi about 3 hours ago asking the same question.  I asked if others in the US have received theirs.  

Seems like I'm not the only one and it's held up in Customs for the moment.  I'll keep waiting. :)

 

Thanks

Chris

NZ6T

 

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 4:37 PM Rob W2ITT <wittrf@...> wrote:

Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--

73,
Rob W2ITT

Dillon Ring
 

Waiting here too.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:54 PM Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...> wrote:

I sent a machined tuning knob to the USA at the beginning of May.  He still has not received it.

 

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

 

From: main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Bateson
Sent: Monday, 15 June 2020 22:42
To: main@morserino.groups.io
Subject: Re: [morserino] US Customs

 

Haha I just emailed Willi about 3 hours ago asking the same question.  I asked if others in the US have received theirs.  

Seems like I'm not the only one and it's held up in Customs for the moment.  I'll keep waiting. :)

 

Thanks

Chris

NZ6T

 

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 4:37 PM Rob W2ITT <wittrf@...> wrote:

Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--

73,
Rob W2ITT

Eike Lantzsch
 

On Monday, 15 June 2020 17:22:28 -04 Dillon Ring wrote:
Waiting here too.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:54 PM Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...> wrote:
I sent a machined tuning knob to the USA at the beginning of May. He
still has not received it.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

*From:* main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> *On Behalf Of
*Chris Bateson
*Sent:* Monday, 15 June 2020 22:42
*To:* main@morserino.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [morserino] US Customs

Haha I just emailed Willi about 3 hours ago asking the same question. I
asked if others in the US have received theirs.
Seems like I'm not the only one and it's held up in Customs for the
moment. I'll keep waiting. :)
Thanks
Chris
NZ6T

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 4:37 PM Rob W2ITT <wittrf@...> wrote:

Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since
shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting
almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--
73,
Rob W2ITT
No flights - no mail I'd say :-(
--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
Ag. Molas Lopez
(mail services are down right now.
A package from Haiderabad went to Buenos Aires in 10 days. Then got stuck
there for 6 weeks, then was sent to PY and arrived here right when my postoffice
got closed because of Covid-19. Eventually on May 28 my postoffice was reopened
and handed the parcel to me. But since then nothing comes through. Mail does
not even leave the country of origin.)
Casilla de Correo 13005
01726 Asuncion / Paraguay
SIPgate: +49-4131-9279632
Land-line: +595-21-553984
Cell-phone: +595-971-696909
Skype: eikelan
WIRE: @eikelantzsch

Paradox: Getting live-updates about fatalities

Willi, OE1WKL
 

Yeah, deliveries seem to be very irregular these days…:-( East a few examples of what I have been informed about:

Dest Shipped Arrived
Quebec J7R7A9 March 25 May 21
Seattle, WA 98118 May 12 June 13
Mount Airy, MD 21771 May 12 June 11
Alexandria, VA 22305 May 12 June 10
AZ 86406 May 4 May 21
Chattanooga TN 37421 May 7 May 20

Maybe a few others can tell when they go their item?

73

Willi
OE1WKL



Am 16.06.2020 um 13:32 schrieb Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@...>:

On Monday, 15 June 2020 17:22:28 -04 Dillon Ring wrote:
Waiting here too.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:54 PM Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...> wrote:
I sent a machined tuning knob to the USA at the beginning of May.  He
still has not received it.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

*From:* main@morserino.groups.io <main@morserino.groups.io> *On Behalf Of
*Chris Bateson
*Sent:* Monday, 15 June 2020 22:42
*To:* main@morserino.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [morserino] US Customs

Haha I just emailed Willi about 3 hours ago asking the same question.  I
asked if others in the US have received theirs.
Seems like I'm not the only one and it's held up in Customs for the
moment.  I'll keep waiting. :)
Thanks
Chris
NZ6T

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 4:37 PM Rob W2ITT <wittrf@...> wrote:

Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since
shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting
almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--
73,
Rob W2ITT

No flights - no mail I'd say :-(
--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
Ag. Molas Lopez
(mail services are down right now.
A package from Haiderabad went to Buenos Aires in 10 days. Then got stuck
there for 6 weeks, then was sent to PY and arrived here right when my postoffice
got closed because of Covid-19. Eventually on May 28 my postoffice was reopened
and handed the parcel to me. But since then nothing comes through. Mail does
not even leave the country of origin.)
Casilla de Correo 13005
01726 Asuncion / Paraguay
SIPgate: +49-4131-9279632
Land-line: +595-21-553984
Cell-phone: +595-971-696909
Skype: eikelan
WIRE: @eikelantzsch

Paradox: Getting live-updates about fatalities





George K3GBB <george.k3gbb@...>
 

Yes, I did receive mine.  Took about 4 weeks from order to delivery.

73 de George K3GBB

Chris Bateson
 

Anyone from the May 7th batch still not have theirs?



On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 11:07 AM George K3GBB <george.k3gbb@...> wrote:
Yes, I did receive mine.  Took about 4 weeks from order to delivery.

73 de George K3GBB

Dillon Ring
 

Present!

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 3:23 PM Chris Bateson <elitegoodguy@...> wrote:
Anyone from the May 7th batch still not have theirs?



On Tue, Jun 16, 2020, 11:07 AM George K3GBB <george.k3gbb@...> wrote:
Yes, I did receive mine.  Took about 4 weeks from order to delivery.

73 de George K3GBB

Rob W2ITT
 

Still waiting. 
--

73,
Rob W2ITT

Curt M.
 

Mine just shipped on 6/23 so I have a little while to go. 

Curt

Willi, OE1WKL
 

To all affected by the shipment from May 7, which apparently got lost:

As all items shipped to the US on May 7 seem to have been lost (or put into a lonely corner in either a post or customs office for good), I am re-shipping these items to you tomorrow.

Items recently shipped have arrived within about 3 weeks, so you should have your replacement soon. I am terribly sorry that it took so long, but you know the circumstances behind it, of course.

There is however a slight chance, that some person will stumble across the mail bag containing the original shipment, and will finally decide to forward it to its destination.

Should you therefore receive your item twice, I offer you the following options:

 - Return the second item. I will reimburse you the shipping cost through PayPal.

- Keep it (e.g. for a family member or a friend). For this option I will offer you a reduced price (65 €).

- Gift it to a newcomer (a newcomer to Morse Code that is); if the recipient lacks the skills to build it, you might be required to help them with that. I would appreciate a picture of the recipient and their new toy! Apart from that there is no obligation for you (i.e., you don't have to pay me: It's my gift to the newcomer).


73

Willi
OE1WKL


Am 15.06.2020 um 17:57 schrieb Rob W2ITT <wittrf@...>:

Out of curiousity, has anyone in the U.S. received a Morserino since shipping to the US restarted in the first week of May? I've been waiting almost 6 weeks since the shipping notification.
--

73,
Rob W2ITT

balun@...
 

I am not affected because I am in Germany and already have my morserino but from today, you Willi are my super hero. This is the best piece of support I've ever seen.

73
Rajko
DC0IT

Jean-Marc Meessen (ON4KJM)
 

Cheers !

Kudos for your handling of this mishap. We don't know each other (yet), Willy, as I am waiting for my Morserino to ship, but I am happy to enter such a community.

73

/- Jmm
ON4KJM

Rob W2ITT
 

Willi,

Option 3 is a wonderful gesture. As a Beginner instructor at the Long Island CW Club, I'll hold a raffle with all of our new ops if the May 7th one ever shows up.

--

73,
Rob W2ITT