Topics

USB devices

Tommy Clemmensen

Hello

I have been told that many new PC dont have a Com port, and I found this site about coding USB devices

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3331043/get-list-of-connected-usb-devices

I will try to see up I can use this in a test program so it maybe can be a choose of seaching for a Com port or a USB devices if I can get it to work so I can imclude it in the Phrases trainer.

Could anybody give me ane adviced about the topic.

Tommy de oz1thc

Chris Robson <chrislrobsn@...>

USB-to-Serial adapters have been used for years now and work very well with all OS's supporting them to include MS Windows, Mac OS and Linux.  Just go to Amazon and search...

"usb-to-serial adapter"

You'll get 20 plus pages of vendors.....

Chris KC3OOD

On 2/12/20 4:01 PM, Tommy Clemmensen wrote:
Hello

I have been told that many new PC dont have a Com port, and I found this site about coding USB devices

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3331043/get-list-of-connected-usb-devices

I will try to see up I can use this in a test program so it maybe can be a choose of seaching for a Com port or a USB devices if I can get it to work so I can imclude it in the Phrases trainer.

Could anybody give me ane adviced about the topic.

Tommy de oz1thc

Joe K9SZ

Hi Tommy,

I think this might be what you are looking for:

This method is supported by both .NetCore and .NetFramework (and mono). Virtual ports such as USB to Serial ports should show up here, too.

Hope that helps...

Could you please direct email me your github when you get a chance?

Thanks es 73
Joe

On Feb 12, 2020, at 3:02 PM, Tommy Clemmensen <tommy@...> wrote:

Hello

I have been told that many new PC dont have a Com port, and I found this site about coding USB devices

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3331043/get-list-of-connected-usb-devices

I will try to see up I can use this in a test program so it maybe can be a choose of seaching for a Com port or a USB devices if I can get it to work so I can imclude it in the Phrases trainer.

Could anybody give me ane adviced about the topic.

Tommy de oz1thc

Tommy Clemmensen

Hello Joe

I have sent you my github in a private e-mail.

https://github.com/Tommy-de-oz1thc

This is what I  use but this only work when a pc have a com port, if the pc only have a usb device it cannot find the com port.

Tommy