Topics

USB plug clearance

Steve G1YBB

I have searched the board for previous threads on this without success which seems odd to me.

I checked all my USB leads and none were small enough to plug into the Morserino.
The smallest I have is shown below and still wouldn't fit. So I needed to file the acrylic cover (and caused two cracks by the wire antenna :-(  )

But no-one else had this issue?

Doug KD9PK

No issue here but it did make me curious, so I rummaged around in my wire drawer to find the largest micro USB cable I have.
This is the largest USB connector I could find, and when fully seated it still comes up shy of the outside edge of the acrylic.
Doug KD9PK

On Dec 8, 2019, at 3:55 PM, Steve G1YBB via Groups.Io <tenchy@...> wrote:

I have searched the board for previous threads on this without success which seems odd to me.

I checked all my USB leads and none were small enough to plug into the Morserino.
The smallest I have is shown below and still wouldn't fit. So I needed to file the acrylic cover (and caused two cracks by the wire antenna :-(  )

<won_t fit.jpg>

<after filing.jpg>

Bill Groves

Try loosening the screws and reposition the PCB closer to the edge of the plex. If that fails enlarge or slot the holes in the plex with a round file – tweak it to work.

Cheers,

Bill

From: morserino@groups.io [mailto:morserino@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve G1YBB via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2019 4:55 PM
To: morserino@groups.io
Subject: [morserino] USB plug clearance

Craig T. Bailey

Steve, I probably would have whittled the usb plug-housing.

On Dec 8, 2019, at 16:55, Steve G1YBB via Groups.Io <tenchy@...> wrote:

<won_t fit.jpg>

<after filing.jpg>

--
_____
Craig Bailey
N1SFT
NH, USA

chmims

I have had the same problem.  Fortunately not all my USB are too big. 

Charles 
KG5ZLH

On Dec 9, 2019, at 5:09 AM, Craig T. Bailey <ctbailey@...> wrote:

Steve, I probably would have whittled the usb plug-housing.

On Dec 8, 2019, at 16:55, Steve G1YBB via Groups.Io <tenchy@...> wrote:

<won_t fit.jpg>

<after filing.jpg>

--
_____
Craig Bailey
N1SFT
NH, USA