Topics

usb update

Tommy Clemmensen

I want to try usb update but the python dont work on the update and I can not fint the tools.zip on github

Tommy de oz1thc

Iearlyer update has gone fine

Tommy Clemmensen

Hello Willi

When I tried with the wifi it have very much problem and took atleast 15 mintues to finish but at usb update it only took 2 minuts with no problems at all.

----

Only two hours more pratice with one word with the phrases trainer so I gonna incress to two words phrases.

500-top-words.txt

and next

2-grams.txt

20/20-22/22-24/24-26/24-/28/24-30/24 wpm (pc/m32)

Tommy de oz1thc

Bob DeHaney

No Joy. I have tried with Windows 10 Pro.  CMD does not recognize update_m32 as a batch file.  The batch file and the bin file are in the same directory.  The Morserino is on Com 3 Baud Rate 9600.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

When I tried with the wifi it have very much problem and took atleast 15 mintues to finish but at usb update it only took 2 minuts with no problems at all.

----

Only two hours more pratice with one word with the phrases trainer so I gonna incress to two words phrases.

500-top-words.txt

and next

2-grams.txt

20/20-22/22-24/24-26/24-/28/24-30/24 wpm (pc/m32)

Tommy de oz1thc

Willi, OE1WKL

Baud rate is way too low. Use the one suggested in the manual....

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 11.05.2020 um 20:52 schrieb Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...>:

No Joy. I have tried with Windows 10 Pro.  CMD does not recognize update_m32 as a batch file.  The batch file and the bin file are in the same directory.  The Morserino is on Com 3 Baud Rate 9600.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

When I tried with the wifi it have very much problem and took atleast 15 mintues to finish but at usb update it only took 2 minuts with no problems at all.

----

Only two hours more pratice with one word with the phrases trainer so I gonna incress to two words phrases.

500-top-words.txt

and next

2-grams.txt

20/20-22/22-24/24-26/24-/28/24-30/24 wpm (pc/m32)

Tommy de oz1thc

Joe K9SZ

Hi Bob,

A few things...

I recommend getting the latest from here which is alpha--04 which is the last file in the list. I apologize for the confusion but I don't have time currently look at cleaning that up right now.

Windows device manager shows port rates, but those are not used as applications specify there own. I actually don't know what use those Device Manager properties are. 9600 baud will not work. The M32 manual specifies using a port rate of 921600. Others have successfully used 115200.

We decided to remove the batch file as it seems to create confusion. You would need to open a command line and type the instructions.

The manual instructions are in Appendix 4 here:

https://github.com/oe1wkl/Morserino-32/blob/master/Documentation/User%20Manual/Version%203.x/m32_user-Manual_v3.pdf

 Joe

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 1:52 PM Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...> wrote:

No Joy. I have tried with Windows 10 Pro.  CMD does not recognize update_m32 as a batch file.  The batch file and the bin file are in the same directory.  The Morserino is on Com 3 Baud Rate 9600.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

When I tried with the wifi it have very much problem and took atleast 15 mintues to finish but at usb update it only took 2 minuts with no problems at all.

----

Only two hours more pratice with one word with the phrases trainer so I gonna incress to two words phrases.

500-top-words.txt

and next

2-grams.txt

20/20-22/22-24/24-26/24-/28/24-30/24 wpm (pc/m32)

Tommy de oz1thc

Bob DeHaney

I really appreciate everyone’s patience. Here’s a screen shot to see if anyone sees where I have incorrect syntax. Scroll for the command window.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

When I tried with the wifi it have very much problem and took atleast 15 mintues to finish but at usb update it only took 2 minuts with no problems at all.

----

Only two hours more pratice with one word with the phrases trainer so I gonna incress to two words phrases.

500-top-words.txt

and next

2-grams.txt

20/20-22/22-24/24-26/24-/28/24-30/24 wpm (pc/m32)

Tommy de oz1thc

Willi, OE1WKL

Bob,
It doesn’t finde the update_m32.exe file; this should also be in the Downloads directory. Maybe you unzipped into a different directory - if so, copy or move it over to Downloads….

Am 11.05.2020 um 21:33 schrieb Bob DeHaney <bobdehaney@...>:

I really appreciate everyone’s patience. Here’s a screen shot to see if anyone sees where I have incorrect syntax. Scroll for the command window.

Vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

<image001.jpg>

When I tried with the wifi it have very much problem and took atleast 15 mintues to finish but at usb update it only took 2 minuts with no problems at all.

----

Only two hours more pratice with one word with the phrases trainer so I gonna incress to two words phrases.

500-top-words.txt

and next

2-grams.txt

20/20-22/22-24/24-26/24-/28/24-30/24 wpm (pc/m32)

Tommy de oz1thc

Bob DeHaney

SUCCESS!! It turned out I had two Downloads directories, one in Root and one in Users.  Again a RED FACE.

Thanks everyone, stay healthy, vy 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T