Topics

Wi-fi connection to server

Tim McClellan

Hi. I appear to have successfully connected my new Morserino to my home wi-fi network (My Wi-fi router details appear in ‘check wi-fi’ on the device) but I have a problem in getting to the screen on my pc or iPad to access the ‘cq.morserino.info’ server.
I’m looking for some advice, please, on how to access the internet page (and hence get to the third field) to enter the server details once the Morserino has initially been set up to access Wi-fi. The initial set up was fine but I did not enter any details in the third field at that time.  I appreciate that once set up, entering ‘m32.local’ does not take me to the page on my computer to input the appropriate details.
I can’t find details on how to do this, I am sure it will be straightforward and something that I have missed.
Much appreciated.  73. Tim G4XWJ

John, M0STQ

Tim,
    go through the WiFi config again, and put all three fields in:

1) your WiFi network name
2) your WiFi network password

Then go to Transceiver > WiFi Trx and start keying in “hi”, and it should respond with “:hi1” or “:hi2”, depending on how many people are connected.

If you want to try the QSO bot, you have to do the WiFi Config stage again, and put qsobot.online in the third field.

There’s no PC or iPad involvement for WiFi transceiver : your M-32 is talking directly to the internet server, using MOPP over UDP packets. When the server ’talks’ back, you will hear the Morse, and the M-32 screen will display a decode of it.

Hope this helps,

John, M0STQ

On 29 Jul 2020, at 11:26, Tim McClellan <mcclellan.tim@...> wrote:

Hi. I appear to have successfully connected my new Morserino to my home wi-fi network (My Wi-fi router details appear in ‘check wi-fi’ on the device) but I have a problem in getting to the screen on my pc or iPad to access the ‘cq.morserino.info’ server.
I’m looking for some advice, please, on how to access the internet page (and hence get to the third field) to enter the server details once the Morserino has initially been set up to access Wi-fi. The initial set up was fine but I did not enter any details in the third field at that time.  I appreciate that once set up, entering ‘m32.local’ does not take me to the page on my computer to input the appropriate details.
I can’t find details on how to do this, I am sure it will be straightforward and something that I have missed.
Much appreciated.  73. Tim G4XWJ

RACHAEL SANDERS

Hi Tim
As John says but if you need more help this video by Oe6feg is useful too
https://youtu.be/2J9MFiBCXNw

73
Rachael  M1AYG

Tim McClellan

Hi John and Rachael. It’s so simple when you write it down like that.  ‘Morserino’ appeared in the Wi-fi on the iPad and I put in the third field details.  I’m about to test it with the server but that initial problem is solved, thanks :).
the details are going in my Morserino notebook too.  Looking forward to spending time with it.
Thanks again.
Tim :)

RACHAEL SANDERS

No worries Tim.
Enjoy!
Even I had a simple QSO over it Morserino to Morserino with W6JIM the first time I connected.
73
Rachael  M1AYG

Gwen Patton

I just checked the qsobot, and it's working fine.

73,
Gwen, NG3P