Topics

Wifi not connecting after updating

slou_92@...

Edited

Good morning.  I'm looking for some help here.  I just updated to the new firmware over WiFi and now can't connect back to the WiFi network.  Here's what I've done:
1.  Reset my SSID and password in WiFi configuration (3 times with no affect)
2.  Verified that my WiFi router is allowing all new connections and not blocking any.
3.  Performed a reset with the reset button
4.  Plugged the Morserino in to make sure the problem wasn't a low battery voltage
5.  Placed the Morserino right next to the router to rule out a weak signal
6.  Tried connecting using "check WiFi", "upload file" and "update firmware" options.  Same problem.

I'd love to upload another file to it but don't know what I'm doing wrong in connecting to WiFi.  Is there a way to reinstall the update (or downgrade back to the old firmware)?

Thanks for any tips,
Brian

Roy Freeman

Brian

I’ve just checked my v3.0 Morseino WiFi settings.  If you select ‘file upload’  or ‘firmware update ‘ options do you see your LAN IP address for example 192.168.1.xxx ?

If not I’m guessing you will need to enter the WiFi Functions option acing WiFi.  This turns on the morserino access point.  Connect you laptop to that AP and enter the m32.local url in your browser. That will give you the SSID page and hence enter your lan details .

Regards

Roy

On 20 May 2020, at 14:43, slou_92@... wrote:

Good morning.  I'm looking for some help here.  I just updated to the new firmware over WiFi and now can't connect back to the WiFi network.  Here's what I've done:
1.  Reset my SSID and password in WiFi configuration (3 times with no affect)
2.  Verified that my WiFi router is allowing all new connections and not blocking any.
3.  Performed a reset with the reset button
4.  Plugged the Morserino in to make sure the problem wasn't a low battery voltage
5.  Placed the Morserino right next to the router to rule out a weak signal

I'd love to upload another file to it but don't know what I'm doing wrong in connecting to WiFi.  Is there a way to reinstall the update (or downgrade back to the old firmware)?

Thanks for any tips,
Brian

Dwatson4

I was using my iPad to do the update and had issues connecting. Turned out to be a case sensitive problem. My WiFi name on the router started with a capital letter but I had to enter it lowercase on the browser at http://m32.local

Hope that helped

On May 20, 2020, at 10:20 AM, Roy Freeman via groups.io <two.pelicans@...> wrote:

[...]

That should be config WiFi not acing WiFi

Regards

Roy

On 20 May 2020, at 15:24, Roy Freeman <two.pelicans@...> wrote:

That should be config not acing!

On 20 May 2020, at 15:20, Roy Freeman via groups.io <two.pelicans@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the replies.
When I go to "file upload", "firmware update", or "check WiFi" I get a message that says "No WiFi" then it lists my network's SSID that I entered.  I tried configure WiFi again to make sure I didn't miss a capital letter or enter the PW incorrectly but that didn't help.  Before the update it would connect and list my IP address.  I'm using the same SSID/password combo that worked right before updating.

Willi, OE1WKL

The WiFi is on 2.4 GHz, right? 5 GHz is not supported.
Do you have any non-ASCII characters in your password?

Am 20.05.2020 um 18:24 schrieb slou_92@...:

Thanks for the replies.
When I go to "file upload", "firmware update", or "check WiFi" I get a message that says "No WiFi" then it lists my network's SSID that I entered.  I tried configure WiFi again to make sure I didn't miss a capital letter or enter the PW incorrectly but that didn't help.  Before the update it would connect and list my IP address.  I'm using the same SSID/password combo that worked right before updating.

Dominic Reich

Hello,

I've had this on the recent 3.0 version too, but I do have this problem regularly with my Access Point.
I made a Hotspot on my phone and connected my Morserino to it, then I entered m32.local in my browser
on my phone and uploaded the new version 3.0.1 to it (I downloaded this before on my phone).

Some things just don't want to work, and some Router/Access Points can be a real pain in the ass.

HTH
73
Dominic, OE7DRT

On 20 May 2020, at 15:43, slou_92@... wrote:

Good morning.  I'm looking for some help here.  I just updated to the new firmware over WiFi and now can't connect back to the WiFi network.  Here's what I've done:
1.  Reset my SSID and password in WiFi configuration (3 times with no affect)
2.  Verified that my WiFi router is allowing all new connections and not blocking any.
3.  Performed a reset with the reset button
4.  Plugged the Morserino in to make sure the problem wasn't a low battery voltage
5.  Placed the Morserino right next to the router to rule out a weak signal

I'd love to upload another file to it but don't know what I'm doing wrong in connecting to WiFi.  Is there a way to reinstall the update (or downgrade back to the old firmware)?

Thanks for any tips,
Brian

slou_92@...

I made a hotspot and, after about 5 attempts or so, I connected and uploaded my file.  Thanks!  Not ideal but a perfectly good workaround.