Topics

wifi on Morserino

paul taylor

I am on step one

I cannot get on the net. I don't see a solution in the "manual"

Transceiver and wifi screens never come up as a option. The video on youtube starts off the the Morserino being able to access this function.
I suspect is a software problem.
I did not build the kit so if something is wrong with the build I am in trouble.

I would like to turn this from an expensive paper weight to a working device.

solutions?

Gwen Patton

What version of the firmware does it come up with when you first turn it on?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 4:43 PM paul taylor <paulus@...> wrote:
I am on step one

I cannot get on the net. I don't see a solution in the "manual"

Transceiver and wifi screens never come up as a option. The video on youtube starts off the the Morserino being able to access this function.
I suspect is a software problem.
I did not build the kit so if something is wrong with the build I am in trouble.

I would like to turn this from an expensive paper weight to a working device.

solutions?

Ian VA7ITM

Hi Paul,

This group is aware of your Morserino as the builder also posted the YouTube videos here. On the surface it looked to be working correctly so lets start from the start.

1) First visit http://www.morserino.info/morserino-32.html. This is your starting with links to everything you need.
2) From the above you can visit https://github.com/oe1wkl/Morserino-32. Inside the documentation folder is the User Guide. Download and read to understand all the Morserino features.
3) The main site above also has a link to a great YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9MFiBCXNw which will answer all your questions about connecting over the internet.

When you turn on your Morserino it will display an info page for a couple of seconds. Mine says V.3.0.2. What does yours say.

It will then enter the mode (or modus as Willi uses) that was last used.

To navigate the menus you just need to know that a long press of the black knob navigates up the menu hierarchy while a short press navigates down the menu hierarchy. Turning the knob left and right allows you choose options at a menu level. If you see ".." on the display below a menu option that means there are more levels.

I have attached a menu navigation tree diagram that should help you navigate the menus.