Topics

WiFi Trx/ Tx over internet/Partner Tx #morserino #issues

Al Mesa

Good morning,
I am looking for your advice with the following:

GOAL:I want to configure my Morserino to communicate with a partner over Internet (Partner in a different location).

ISSUE: Morserino does not show the third option under "Config Wi-Fi" to input partner ip address. After clicking on this option I can see on the screen:
AP: MORSERINO,URL: m32.local, RED: to abort, and Morserino stuck here only RED option work, unable to complete configuration.

STATUS: Morserino with last firmware version: 3.0.1. Powered with battery, local wi-fi configuration completed (I am able to upgrade firmware or upload files via home wi-fi), port UDP 7373 forwarded.

Thank you for any advice or assistance with this matter.

Al
W4RAM

Willi, OE1WKL

Al,

See p. 28 of the user manual, section „Network Configuration“:

Select the sub-menu "WiFi Config" to proceed with network configuration.

The device will start WiFi as an access point, thus creating its own WiFi Network (with the SSID "morserino"). If you check the available networks with your computer or smartphone, you will find it easily; please select this network on your computer (or tablet, or smartphone — you will not need a password to connect).

Once you are connected, enter "http://m32.local" into your browser on your computer. If your computer or smartphone does not support mDNS (Android, for example, is not supporting it, and Windows only rudimentary), you have to enter the IP address 192.168.4.1 into the browser instead of m32.local. You will then see a little form with just 3 empty fields in your browser: "SSID of WiFi network?", "WiFi Password?" and "WiFi TRX Peer IP?". Enter the name of your local WiFi network, and the corresponding password (you can leave the third field empty for now), and click on the "Submit" button. Your Morserino-32 will store these network credentials and then restart itself (so the network "morserino" will disappear).

The third field ("WiFi TRX Peer IP/Host?") is used, when you want to use the Wifi Transceiver functionality, i.e. to talk to another Morserino user over the Internet. In such a case you have to enter the IP address or the DNS host name, if it has any, of the other Morserino into this field.

OE1WKL

Am 06.06.2020 um 09:10 schrieb Al Mesa <hkradiogadget@...>:

Good morning,
I am looking for your advice with the following:

GOAL:I want to configure my Morserino to communicate with a partner over Internet (Partner in a different location).

ISSUE: Morserino does not show the third option under "Config Wi-Fi" to input partner ip address. After clicking on this option I can see on the screen:
AP: MORSERINO,URL: m32.local, RED: to abort, and Morserino stuck here only RED option work, unable to complete configuration.

STATUS: Morserino with last firmware version: 3.0.1. Powered with battery, local wi-fi configuration completed (I am able to upgrade firmware or upload files via home wi-fi), port UDP 7373 forwarded.

Thank you for any advice or assistance with this matter.

Al
W4RAM

Ben

Edited

When in 'Config Wifi' menu, connect to the Morserino via Wifi (morserino SSID), then with you webrowser to http://m32.local there you'll find the setting.

Al Mesa

Willi,
Thank you, instructions worked perfect, I was able to complete the configuration.

Al

Al Mesa

Ben,

Thank you for reply to my message, I was able to complete the configuration.

Al